Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   funny thing about alec on 'keep the faith''s wikipedia (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53504)

TheseDaysEra 09-16-2011 07:35 PM

funny thing about alec on 'keep the faith''s wikipedia

'The album is the final appearance of Alec John Such, as he did not record the bass parts on Bon Jovi's following Greatest Hits album "Cross Road".'

sure, he didn't take the time to re-record his bass parts on all those 1980's songs ! ROTFL
and as far as I'm concerned, he did record SIBSN and always...

Captain_jovi 09-16-2011 07:57 PM

That's actually pretty accurate. It was the last time he was "Credited" as the bass player. Always and SIBSN were attributed to Hugh and you can tell it's him.

TheseDaysEra 09-18-2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1073861)
That's actually pretty accurate. It was the last time he was "Credited" as the bass player. Always and SIBSN were attributed to Hugh and you can tell it's him.

it's just the way they wrote it that made me laugh. and really ,has hugh played on always and someday ? alec's on the videos...

TwinFan 09-18-2011 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1073923)
alec's on the videos...

That doesn't mean much. Don't forget about the speculation of Hugh's presence on even the 80's albums, too.

Captain_jovi 09-18-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1073923)
it's just the way they wrote it that made me laugh. and really ,has hugh played on always and someday ? alec's on the videos...

Yah, and Peter Criss was in the video for I was made for loving you. So?

I just assume they meant the new tracks on Crossroads.

nickolai 09-18-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1073859)
'The album is the final appearance of Alec John Such, as he did not record the bass parts on Bon Jovi's following Greatest Hits album "Cross Road".'

sure, he didn't take the time to re-record his bass parts on all those 1980's songs ! ROTFL
and as far as I'm concerned, he did record SIBSN and always...

Following what was said about Alec by the band and the obvious bitterness - why did he come back for 1 song a few years ago (wanted dead or alive was it?) dont get this one iota

Panda 09-18-2011 08:12 AM

He came back for Wanted in 2001 at Giants stadium. That's 10 years ago. And since then Alec hasn't said they greatest things about Bon Jovi, and it's obvious Jon wants questions about Alec shoved under the carpet. In recent interviews over the past few years there's always questions like "How'd you guys stay together in a group so long" and Jon is always like "friendship, yadayada..." Anyways, the point is that Alec isn't mentioned anymore by any member of the band anymore.

danfan 09-18-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1073861)

Give me a break. I'm not saying it wasn't Hugh, but it could have been Nikki Sixx for all we know. We're not talking about some masterful bass playing here.

Captain_jovi 09-18-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1073949)
Give me a break. I'm not saying it wasn't Hugh, but it could have been Nikki Sixx for all we know. We're not talking about some masterful bass playing here.

No, we're not. It's mostly by the numbers. But the fact that he was credited for it officially and sounds like him, I don't know why we'd assume otherwise. If they wanted to cover anything up, they wouldn't have said it was Hugh.

nickolai 09-18-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1073952)
No, we're not. It's mostly by the numbers. But the fact that he was credited for it officially and sounds like him, I don't know why we'd assume otherwise. If they wanted to cover anything up, they wouldn't have said it was Hugh.

Alec was on the Always video, was he not? Because if he's on the video he's probably credited with it