Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Red Hot Chili Peppers "I'm With You" (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53118)

Panda 06-17-2011 03:10 AM

Red Hot Chili Peppers "I'm With You"

These guys have a new album at the end of August called "I'm With You"... I really loved Stadium Arcadium, so it will be interesting to see what they follow it up with. Also, John Frusciante was replaced by Josh Klinghoffer. I really loved John's sound and really didn't like the albums that he didn't play in, so that makes me a little nervous for the upcoming album.

TwinFan 06-17-2011 03:53 AM

Not too big a fan of RHCP, but Otherside is one of my favorite songs. Ever. By any band.

Panda 06-17-2011 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1056425)
Not too big a fan of RHCP, but Otherside is one of my favorite songs. Ever. By any band.

No shit, eh?

TwinFan 06-17-2011 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1056427)
No shit, eh?

Yeah. That (and the Aerosmith song of the same name) was the reason I changed my name temporarily to OtherSide a few months back. I definitely will check out this album, though.

RSROCKS 06-17-2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1056412)
These guys have a new album at the end of August called "I'm With You"... I really loved Stadium Arcadium, so it will be interesting to see what they follow it up with. Also, John Frusciante was replaced by Josh Klinghoffer. I really loved John's sound and really didn't like the albums that he didn't play in, so that makes me a little nervous for the upcoming album.

I feel the same. The albums without John are quite lame. The positive though is Josh has always been kind of the fifth guy in the group and really admired John's work.

I'm really excited to see what the guys have come up with, if you can't tell by my sig :)

RSROCKS 06-17-2011 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1056425)

Mer, IMO Otherside is okay but they have had some stronger singles than Otherside in latter years.

samboraisgodUK 06-20-2011 01:12 AM

I'm a big RHCP fan and John's sound and style was a big part of me getting into the band. I'm not too sure how the new album with its "Afro-Pop" influences is going to be though...

Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surpised and Josh can pull it out the bag.

ticos_stick 06-20-2011 01:18 AM

John Frusciante is The RHCP.

Without him they are just funk nonsense.

RSROCKS 06-22-2011 04:37 PM

The strongest and best releases have come with John involved in the writing process but his own writing outside of RHCP is garbage.

UKjovi 07-02-2011 10:43 AM

Look forward to hearing this album.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 07-09-2011 01:39 PM

I've been a big fan of the RHCP for most of my life, but John has always been the biggest part of the whole thing for me, he is fantastic, and I listen to his solo music ALOT.
However, the band is always worth checkin out, and Josh is a real gem IMO. Him having worked with John quite alot before is a good reason alone for liking him. They were a great pair, and he was the only worthy replacement I think. They will be comin to Sweden in october, and I haven't quite decided what to do yet, but I think I will have to get a ticket just because they're the RHCP and even without John it will most probably be worth it. Haven't heard anything off the coming album tho.

Peterson 07-25-2011 11:19 PM

Really didn't like Stadium Arcadium, not sure why, just couldn't 'get it'.

And after hearing the new song several times, not too keen on it either. Really hope the album is a lot better, but not holding much hope for it after raindance maggie or whatever its called!

dewey1961 07-26-2011 12:27 AM

Red Hot Chili Peppers UK Tour Dates
November 2011

4th - Dublin, O2
7th - London, O2
9th - London, O2
10th - London, O2
12th - Glasgow, SECC Hall 4
14th - Manchester Evening News Arena
15th - Manchester Evening News Arena
17th - Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena
19th - Birmingham, LG Arena
20th - Birmingham, LG Arena

http://www.ilikemusic.com/rock/Red_H...ur_Dates-13736

RSROCKS 07-26-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterson (Post 1067609)
Really didn't like Stadium Arcadium, not sure why, just couldn't 'get it'.

And after hearing the new song several times, not too keen on it either. Really hope the album is a lot better, but not holding much hope for it after raindance maggie or whatever its called!

I loved Stadium Arcadium but I'm not crazy about the single either. In fact, I read a review where they said it sounded too much like Bon Jovi :p

Let's face it though, they are at the point that many bands their age are like Metallica, Bon Jovi, U2 are where they will still have a successful tour despite possibly a weak album based on their strong back catalog.

UKjovi 07-26-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewey1961 (Post 1067613)
Red Hot Chili Peppers UK Tour Dates
November 2011

4th - Dublin, O2
7th - London, O2
9th - London, O2
10th - London, O2
12th - Glasgow, SECC Hall 4
14th - Manchester Evening News Arena
15th - Manchester Evening News Arena
17th - Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena
19th - Birmingham, LG Arena
20th - Birmingham, LG Arena

http://www.ilikemusic.com/rock/Red_H...ur_Dates-13736

Thanks for the info.

TwinFan 07-26-2011 10:56 PM

Just listened to the new single, and it's pretty decent. Sounds a little different for RHCP, perhaps that's because of the departure of John. Eager to hear the rest of the album. It certainly has some interesting titles, especially "Even You Brutus".

Peterson 07-26-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 1067623)
I loved Stadium Arcadium but I'm not crazy about the single either. In fact, I read a review where they said it sounded too much like Bon Jovi :p

Let's face it though, they are at the point that many bands their age are like Metallica, Bon Jovi, U2 are where they will still have a successful tour despite possibly a weak album based on their strong back catalog.

Very true. Saw them live at murrayfield a few years back, on their greatest hits tour, think it was '05. Awesome gig! This tour will be equally awesome, just a shame they're playing the SECC in scotland, shite venue for a band like RHCP imo. They're more suited to stadiums etc, but then again, it'd be a bit chilly in November lol

Peterson 08-15-2011 07:53 PM

For any UK fans, Radio 1 are putting on a free RHCP gig at KOKO in London on 2nd September.

Use this link to register for tickets: http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/s..._chili_peppers

It's basically a lottery system for the tickets, but theres always a chance you could be lucky!

Pretty sure its for UK residents only.

ticos_stick 08-23-2011 05:38 PM

I like the new single.

Alarmingly I've noticed from recent performances that they've added an extra percussionist and some berk on a keyboard to the line up.

Not good :|