Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Destination Anywhere (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=12162)

allmike 06-04-2003 11:40 AM

Destination Anywhere

Any one like this album. I really love this album especally songs like 'Destination Anywhere', 'Every word is piece o fmy heart', 'Its just me', 'August 7:15' and 'Midnight in Chelsea'.

So people give ur review.

eriK 06-04-2003 11:44 AM

I can't say that i like this album. some songs are better then others but it feels like an mediocre attempt to do a pop/rock album.

they only song that i listen to nowadays from this album is "janie don't take your love into town..."

i don't know why, all i know is that its quite good.. :roll: :?

juraj 06-04-2003 12:10 PM

This topic was here more than hundered times. But, YES, I LOVE IT. Together with Blaze of Glory the best albums of all times.

Kev 06-04-2003 12:46 PM

Janie dont take your love to town is a classic imo

letitrock 06-04-2003 12:57 PM

hate that album

i liked the guitar on queen of new orleans that's all

midnight in chelsea was an embarassment... an attempt to copy Philadelphia (in an atmospheric way)??

al 06-04-2003 12:58 PM

this record is an attempt of doing something... but i don't have very clear what jon was trying to do. it's full of everything and full of nothing. it has good tunes on it, but for me, it's too much '90's british sound'...

anyway, the song 'destination anywhere' is great. it'll be great to hear a rockin' version of this one.

Priya 06-04-2003 01:44 PM

destination anywhere......best song

Baby, we both been running uphill for too long
We both settled for something, got nothing
And we both know it's wrong
Go on admit it we lived it, I'm leaving -
Get your boots and come on
I got my coat and my keys, I need you next to me, then I'm gone

Destination Anywhere
Name the place and I'll be there
Pack a bag a we're out of here - let's run
Destination Anywhere
Left of right, I don't care
Maybe we'll just disappear like the sun

very nice song...deep meaning.....allmike ur songs r kool :D, keep it up! This song goes very well with the movie.....have u seen this movie its gr8... :angel: :mrgreen:

Kev Bee 06-04-2003 02:00 PM

I don't think Jon was looking for overall commercial success of this album, it was a personal project and he has often said that DA was art! I suppose you could liken it to Richie, he has often said stranger in this town should have been more radio friendly but that he came from a soulful place on that album. The band is the outlet for the commercial music, i think DA was more Jon then when in the band.

Kev Bee 06-04-2003 02:01 PM

I don't think Jon was looking for overall commercial success of this album, it was a personal project and he has often said that DA was art! I suppose you could liken it to Richie, he has often said stranger in this town should have been more radio friendly but that he came from a soulful place on that album. The band is the outlet for the commercial music, i think DA was more Jon then when in the band.

Tico2004 06-04-2003 02:16 PM

Ya good album,quite the same in parts unlike richies Stranger..... but songs like Its Just Me+Cold Heart are lyrically very well written