Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora's Undiscovered Soul (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=39652)

gallivanter 04-06-2007 08:55 AM

Richie Sambora's Undiscovered Soul

I thought his 1997 album was okay, particularly "Hard Times Come Easy", "Undiscovered Soul" & "Fallen From Graceland". Could've easily been a Bon Jovi record.

I only hope that he makes his presence felt with future Bon Jovi albums, more guitar solos please! :cool:

http://danielfranklingomez.com/blog/...mes-come-easy/

windy miller 04-06-2007 09:11 AM

I really like US...but felt as though it was more commercially produced that Stranger.(which I think is pure genius btw ;) ).

Yep It would be great to see Richie have larger imput not only through his guitar but singing too!...Listening to the recent Billy Falcon stuff his voice still sounds amazing.

cravoula 04-06-2007 10:04 AM

My wife and I had "All That Really Matters" as our bridal waltz, so that album will always hold a special place in my heart.

Javier 04-06-2007 03:20 PM

My US album broke a couple of years ago, and I haven't really re-purchased it. but lately I've been wanting to listen to it, I guess I will have to buy it.

RonJovi 04-06-2007 03:55 PM

Initially I liked it, but grew tired of it fast. "All that Really Matters" appealed to me originally, but after the novelty wore off all that was left was a bunch of cliches. "In it For Love" is sickiningly sweet, "Who I Am" and "Undiscovered Soul" are too long, "Downside of Love" and "Chained" are pure filler while the first four songs are decent but nothing special. It's an alright album but nothing special.

SITT is far, far superior. Barely a weak track and the album fits together better and gives the impression that it is a representation of who Richie Sambora (in 1991) is.

For all the stick Jon gets here for wanting to be popular, I reckon the difference in Richie's two solo albums is a powerful indicator that he is one of the reasons for a lot of the poppy dirge that has been churned out post 2000.

Antman 04-06-2007 05:21 PM

When the mood is right I only listen to a few songs from the album... In It For Love, Who I Am, You're Not Alone and Undiscovered Soul which is my favourite.

Eastwick 04-06-2007 05:36 PM

Great album. Undiscoverd Soul, the song is one of the best songs ever made by some og the Jovis! Reminds me a lot of Someday I'll Be Saturday Night.
Harlem Rain is also a favoritt.

Javier 04-06-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 735957)
Initially I liked it, but grew tired of it fast. "All that Really Matters" appealed to me originally, but after the novelty wore off all that was left was a bunch of cliches. "In it For Love" is sickiningly sweet, "Who I Am" and "Undiscovered Soul" are too long, "Downside of Love" and "Chained" are pure filler while the first four songs are decent but nothing special. It's an alright album but nothing special.

SITT is far, far superior. Barely a weak track and the album fits together better and gives the impression that it is a representation of who Richie Sambora (in 1991) is.

For all the stick Jon gets here for wanting to be popular, I reckon the difference in Richie's two solo albums is a powerful indicator that he is one of the reasons for a lot of the poppy dirge that has been churned out post 2000.

yes, that's what people don't seem to get, Richie is radio minded alot

SamboraQueen21 04-06-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 735987)

True, another good example would be "Take Me On", it screams pop radio imo...

Captain_jovi 04-06-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 735987)

THANK YOU. I say that so much becasue all I hear is "Richie is what's keeping the band going" "He never messes up" "Jon is the mainstream radio guy, Richie's just a tortured artist". Etc. Para-phrased of course. Richie's a lot worse when it comes to making things mainstream. Meh.