Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi - 35 years old.... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70482)

steel_horse75 01-21-2019 04:00 PM

Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi - 35 years old....

today.

Thoughts? Like it? Love it? Hate it?

I think some of the songs here have been lost to a generation which is a shame. Runaway gets played live but nothing else - unless Jon is feeling in a good mood.

Shot through the Heart, Burning for Love, Break Out, Get Ready and Come Back are great rock tracks

Very underrated album.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-21-2019 06:35 PM

I remember an interview where JBJ and Richie said they don't like Come Back. Pf... Come Back (after Runaway) is my favorite song of Bon Jovi album. I still listen to this album very often, like right now...

Rdkopper 01-21-2019 08:13 PM

Amazing Album!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ksanova 01-21-2019 09:28 PM

Great album still sound in my car often.

Zakatar 01-22-2019 05:58 AM

Shot Through the Heart is my favorite song from this album, followed by Roulette then Love Lies. I continuously go back to the videos from 2010 where they dusted the first two off after 20+ years, and they still sounded quite good then.

even with his current range Jon could easily pull off STTH today, and I wish he would since it would be a great setlist mixup. But we all know hell would have to freeze over for that to happen.

Savvi 01-22-2019 09:23 AM

My least favourite album from the band, but that doesn't make it a bad one.

Roulette, Love Lies and Get Ready are all amazing tracks.

Thinny 01-22-2019 12:20 PM

I still love most of this album. I'm kinda bored of Runway now and Love Lies and Come Back are not my Favorites. Have to be in the right mood for She Don't Know Me. But when it's good it's fantastic! Get Ready, Roulette, Burning For Love, Shot Through The Heart, Breakout...never get bored of them!

Eveline 01-22-2019 12:37 PM

“Burning for love” and “Come back” were the very first songs Jon and Richie wrote together. Actually, I'm very fond of this album, it's way better than many post-2000 tracks!

Bounce7800 01-22-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1250240)
I still love most of this album. I'm kinda bored of Runway now and Love Lies and Come Back are not my Favorites. Have to be in the right mood for She Don't Know Me.

I just had images of Life Of Brian with that opening! Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

bonjovi90 01-22-2019 03:24 PM

I have to be in the right mood for the album and some songs, namley Get Ready (only the way it sounds on the record, not live) and She Don't Know Me never got me. But still loving Runaway, Shot Through The Heart and Burning For Love. The others are decent as well and even though it sounds very 80's, it aged better than the Fahrenheit record in my opinion.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-22-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1250234)
even with his current range Jon could easily pull off STTH today, and I wish he would since it would be a great setlist mixup. But we all know hell would have to freeze over for that to happen.

I also like Bang Bang + Shot Through The Heart.

Alphavictim 01-22-2019 09:13 PM

Shot Through the Heart, Runaway and Burning for Love are the ones that I dig. It's probably a more even record than Fahrenheit, but I find Fahrenheit to be a more interesting record; even if some of the stuff it tries doesn't work. All in all, it's an okay record, but sounds more like a cross between Aldo Nova and Survivor than Bon Jovi - Slippery REALLY brought the Springsteen influence to the table (Wild In The Streets!), and is much more of a popping (and pop) record. The heavy-ish backbeat of the debut is less "fun".

Captain Walrus 01-22-2019 11:00 PM

It is my 80th favourite album of all time. But only my 11th favourite Bon Jovi / Jon / Richie album.

This is the review I wrote 12 years ago (!):

A promising debut. This album doesn’t exactly re-invent the wheel, and the band does sound a little too much like other, more popular bands of their day; sticking closely to the straight ahead pop metal template and offering little in the way of experimentation or innovation. However, some blistering guitar work and its meshing with the keyboards helps to lift the album beyond being a second rate clone of other pop metal albums. You can feel a real desire on the part of the brand to break out and take on the world here, and that excitement manifests itself in the music. The songwriting isn’t stellar by any means, but there are glimpses of the genius that would come later, and even at this early stage, their talent for writing songs that people can relate to shines. Overall then, an exciting, youthful, hungry album, albeit one that was played a little too safe to truly set the world alight.

8/10

Essential songs: Runaway, Roulette, Shot Through The Heart
Also great: Come Back
Also good: She Don't Know Me, Breakout, Love Lies, Burning For Love
Not so keen on it: Get Ready

YOVANAfromPeru 02-24-2019 05:20 AM

A very little mention at 49:56
https://omny.fm/shows/rock-talk-with...inbow-bon-jovi