Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Nickelback album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53658)

steel_horse75 11-23-2011 09:20 AM

New Nickelback album

Very good album.

typical Nickelback but some really good rock songs.

Avantasian 11-23-2011 11:27 AM

Recently heard the new single.

Overproduced crap.

Can't speak for the full album though, but I guess the production and compression used won't be that different.

samboraisgodUK 11-23-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avantasian (Post 1076923)
Recently heard the new single.

Overproduced crap.

Can't speak for the full album though, but I guess the production and compression used won't be that different.

I assume you're referring to When We Stand Together? (Bottoms Up was released at the same time)

and the rest of the album is, in my opinion, much better than these two songs.

steel_horse75 11-23-2011 01:28 PM

The album has the usual 2 or 3 slow ones but check out a track called Everything I Want To Do

Great song.

bjcrazycpa 11-23-2011 02:08 PM

Cool. I was planning on buying it..

samboraisgodUK 11-23-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1076927)
The album has the usual 2 or 3 slow ones but check out a track called Everything I Want To Do

Great song.

which are some of the best!

RSROCKS 11-23-2011 04:30 PM

I used to really dig Nickelback when they released Silver Side Up and even up to All The Right Reasons but the last two albums are horrendous. They're a band that really has gotten progressively commercial with each album they've released and the music has been sacrificed in the process.

samboraisgodUK 11-23-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 1076931)
I used to really dig Nickelback when they released Silver Side Up and even up to All The Right Reasons but the last two albums are horrendous. They're a band that really has gotten progressively commercial with each album they've released and the music has been sacrificed in the process.

It all depends on personal taste really, All The Right Reasons, Dark Horse and Here & Now are much better, in my opinion, than Silver Side Up and The State etc.

Jovimimi 11-23-2011 06:36 PM

It's really typical Nickelback ....a very easy one like the previous one , it's good it's effective it's catchy but it's maybe lacking of something ,maybe it's lacking of surprises ...
All in all I love it

Thiis last 8 days I got several CD's from different bands I like and the Snow Patrol CD a few days earlier than NB was for me the one I preferred (even if the 2 are not comparison materials at all SP sounded more inspired to me )

samboraisgodUK 11-23-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1076935)
It's really typical Nickelback ....a very easy one like the previous one , it's good it's effective it's catchy but it's maybe lacking of something ,maybe it's lacking of surprises ...
All in all I love it

Thiis last 8 days I got several CD's from different bands I like and the Snow Patrol CD a few days earlier than NB was for me the one I preferred (even if the 2 are not comparison materials at all SP sounded more inspired to me )

The new Daughtry album's pretty good too, suppose that's more comparable to Nickelback than Snow Patrol