Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bruuuuce (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53654)

Thierry 05-27-2012 05:01 PM

Yup ultra long set yesterday in Frankfurt.

Thierry 05-28-2012 08:03 PM

The management didn't allow THE broadcast of the Pinkpop show :(

Thunderstrucker 05-29-2012 12:32 AM

In the car back from Bruce now. Mixed feelings. Due it being a festivalshow songs had to be skipped. We didnt get JOAD and LOHAD but we got a nice version of the river. Bruce's voice was good, the performance seemed a bit on autopilot at times, as if they played Pinkpop to relax after the Germany shows. During American Land Bruce sang 'the germans' instead of 'the dutch'.
We got a lot of filler songs imo. What I enjoyed most was the Horn section and Jake clemons in particular. What a performer! The new songs sounded fresh where songs as radio nowhere, the rising, because the night and more sounded really overplayed.
I was happy to hear BITUSA but Bruce sang it without passion and it was played as if they were in a rush, very poor performance.

I had a good show and saw some of the Magic of bruce but the show needed a better flow to work for me. Too many uptempo songs were followed by a slow song.
I hope he doesnt play a festival next time as it doesnt allow him enough to work his magic.

Highlights:
Spirit In The Night (Bruce forgot the words at some point but a fan helped him remember them which was cool)
Waiting On A Sunny Day: I was surprised how many people knew the words of this song. He got a child out of the audience and set it on his shoulders sing the chorus. Then he said to the child to instruct the band and so the kid said: Come on band, which was nice to hear a child say to such a massive band.
Death To My Hometown: A song I hoped he would play as it is a real party live, especially thanks to the horn section.
Shackled and Drawn: Got a nice intro and when it kicked in it was picked up by the audience very quickly.
The River: My friend wanted to hear this song badly and he got it and it was a very good performance as well.
We Are Alive: Again a song to let the hornsection shine and so they did.
American Land: Always a party to hear that song and it got the crowd jumping a lot!

Letdowns:
No JOAD and LOHAD.
BITUSA was done poorly and I hoped for the song to be played so I was a bit dissapointed.

7/10 - Thanks to the great audience, atmosphere and the moments where Bruce really let the band shine, mostly during the new songs!

Songs that were broadcasted:
Death To My Hometown: Shackled and Drawn: Spirit In The Night: (without intro)
I'm On Fire:
I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

ticos_stick 05-29-2012 01:51 AM

Spirit In The Night from Pinkpop

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/201...t-from-pinkpop

asok80 06-08-2012 07:33 PM

Bruce and the band played 3,40 hours!! last night in Milan.

Butters 06-08-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1084388)

I was just reading about last night's show. The man and band are unbelievable.

Kathleen 06-08-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1084388)

I know - and Paul kept bugging me about going to Italy for the shows this year. I tried to be sensible and say no - we can't afford to. And then Bruce goes and does a show like this. I should have been there :(

Mongoose 06-08-2012 10:56 PM

1. Born in the U.S.A.
  2. Born to Run
  3. Cadillac Ranch
  4. Hungry Heart
  5. Bobby Jean
  6. Dancing in the Dark
  7. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
  8. Glory Days
not a bad encore I suppose (and that's not complete)

:>

TheseDaysEra 06-10-2012 11:33 AM

hey folks, one question: what's the best springsteen's biography out there ? and by 'best' I mean the most complete and thorough.
cheers.

asok80 06-10-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1084412)
hey folks, one question: what's the best springsteen's biography out there ? and by 'best' I mean the most complete and thorough.
cheers.

Dave Marsh