Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Burning Bridges - Laziness? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70703)

bonboy25 04-22-2020 03:45 AM

Burning Bridges - Laziness?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but has anyone noticed 3 songs on BB shares the same Oohs melody. Life is Beautiful, Teardrop in the Sea and We Don't Run. I dont know how much was re-recorded/(re-written) for this release. LIB and TdITS are even the exact same notes. Wondering on thoughts. Laziness, or pure coincidence as these songs could've been written years apart. I mean I understand that it was a contractual album but still.

Rdkopper 04-22-2020 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1263501)
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but has anyone noticed 3 songs on BB shares the same Oohs melody. Life is Beautiful, Teardrop in the Sea and We Don't Run. I dont know how much was re-recorded/(re-written) for this release. LIB and TdITS are even the exact same notes. Wondering on thoughts. Laziness, or pure coincidence as these songs could've been written years apart. I mean I understand that it was a contractual album but still.

What is TdITS

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 04-22-2020 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1263501)

It had to have been intentional. You can tell it was lifted from one and put on the other, you can hear the pitch or tempo on it has changed. My ears tell me Life is Beautiful is the original and it was added to Teardrop To The Sea later, juts my theory. We Don't Run is similar but I'd chalk that one to coincidence. It was certainly recorded later than the other two. But since the sample was added after it probably doesn't matter when it was recorded.

YOVANAfromPeru 04-22-2020 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1263502)
What is TdITS

A Teardrop To The Sea ("Teardrop in the Sea" = TdITS)

bonboy25 04-22-2020 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1263504)

Oops, my bad

Rdkopper 04-22-2020 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1263504)

Thanks!!!

Rdkopper 04-22-2020 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1263505)
Oops, my bad

In today's day, its better to just spell out the songs or just shorten them. "Teardrop" for example. It's so annoying cracking codes.

Rdkopper 04-22-2020 06:14 AM

To answer you question in simple terms. Yes, Burning Bridges is a lazy album. Jon was forced to do it after the label dropped him so he did it as minimally as he could while recording This House at the same time.

Supersonic 04-22-2020 07:38 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1263507)
In today's day, its better to just spell out the songs or just shorten them. "Teardrop" for example. It's so annoying cracking codes.

Nah, I got it right away. FFTUMA (feel free to use more abbreviations).

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 04-22-2020 11:40 AM

"A Tear" and "WDR" sound good together one behind the other, so I think it was intentional, and it doesn't seem lazy to me in this case, because despite sharing those similarities, they are radically opposite. It even feels like an answer,""A Tear" is like a fall, and "WDR" is like the rise. This works for me.

Life is Beatiful, it's different, it was possibly the oldest song of the three, but I think it just doesn't do it a favor to have been included in the same album as these two songs. Despite everything, it doesn't bother me, and they are better worked and inspired songs than some of the ones we finally get on in official albums.

Maybe my problem about Burning Bridges album could be other songs, but definitely not these three despite the similarities.