Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Circle Tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70806)

Xavi 02-05-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1272229)
San Sebastian 2011 - criminally underrated show, Jon's vocals at full force again, an amazing energy and setlist (even though Bobby's solo alone killed Wild In The Streets early on to the show), the highly anticipated return of This Ain't A Love Song and an epic These Days with Romeo And Juliet by Dire Straits as an introduction

Agree 100%
The most underrated show from the 2010-11 tour.
It was the best set list Ive ever seen on a Jovi show.
Everybody had the feeling that anything could be possible that night.
Its an overrated show because the majority of the people who follows the band,went straight from Barcelona to Lisbon.
Only locals and a very few foreign people were at that show.
I was in Dresden,in Barcelona and in Lisbon,that were mentioned here,and San Sebastian was miles better than those shows
The only thing is that there were not people that "make noise" about that show.
If that show had been in an other country,and I dont want to say which one,it would be legendary.
Shows like Udine or London 11 are very overrated.
San Sebastian was,to me,the best show of the european 11 tour.
Cmon check that setlist!!!
1- Raise Your Hands
2-You Give Love a Bad Name
3-Wild in the Streets
4-Born to Be My Baby
5-We Weren't Born to Follow
6-It's My Life
7-In These Arms
8-I'd Die for You
9-Summertime
10-Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
11-Bad Medicine
(with “Hot Legs” and “Old Time Rock & Roll”)
12-When We Were Beautiful
13-Living in Sin
(with “Chapel Of Love”)
14-I'll Be There for You
15-Who Says You Can't Go Home
16-Thorn in My Side
17-Wild Is the Wind
18-Have a Nice Day
19-Keep the Faith

Encore:
20-This Ain't a Love Song
21-Wanted Dead or Alive
22-Livin' on a Prayer

Encore 2:
23-These Days
24-Romeo and Juliet
(Dire Straits cover)
25-Always

Encore 3:
26-I Love This Town
27-Twist and Shout

bonjovi90 02-05-2021 10:01 PM

San Sebastian had a killer setlist, for me actually closely followed by the one in Oslo. And I agree that Udine is generally overrated, Hyde Park was great though. Especially since a good setlist can be enhanced by top performances and a great setlist can be mediocre if the performance is not up there. What spoiled San Sebastian a bit was that many songs hadn't been played in quite a while and they were a bit rusty doing them. Richie was much smoother on TAALS in Lisbon. But still a great concert though.
The only complaint I had was that they were too lazy to do Romeo and Juliet in full :mrgreen:

P.S. And them ending the final two shows of the tour with the duo I Love This Town/Twist And Shout was shit.

Xavi 02-06-2021 12:45 AM

Yeah I agree that ending those shows with love this town/ twist and shout was shit haha
I have always thought that Hyde Park was very similar to Munich show.
I was at Munich and the show never worked well that 2011
Dresden,was miles better,was an amazing show.
But San Sebastian was better than Lisbon,even Barcelona was better than Lisbon.
Anyway,that final 3 shows were the best fro the tour.
We didnt know at the time,but it was the last time we were seeing Bon Jovi like the best live band on the planet.

jimmyjovi89 02-06-2021 12:48 AM

Was anyone at the Bristol 11 show? What did you think?
From the limited videos it looked cool.

bonjovi90 02-06-2021 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1272244)
Yeah I agree that ending those shows with love this town/ twist and shout was shit haha
I have always thought that Hyde Park was very similar to Munich show.
I was at Munich and the show never worked well that 2011
Dresden,was miles better,was an amazing show.
But San Sebastian was better than Lisbon,even Barcelona was better than Lisbon.
Anyway,that final 3 shows were the best fro the tour.
We didnt know at the time,but it was the last time we were seeing Bon Jovi like the best live band on the planet.

I was in Munich as well and enjoyed Hyde Park a lot more by just listening on the radio. But I agree with the ending of the tour. Little did we know we were actually waving goodbye to the great live band for good.
But that 2011 European leg was so good. Jon's voice was better in mid-2010, but the setlists (bar two off shows) were exciting for most parts and the band was ready to just try the songs and go for them.

Savvi 02-06-2021 06:34 AM

My favourite tour I've attended. I was lucky enough to see the Perth show and two of the three Sydney shows. Highlights...

- Hearing Always in Perth
- The rain in Sydney
- Something for the Pain returning to the setlist
- Finally hearing I Believe live

steel_horse75 02-06-2021 09:40 AM

Hard rock calling 11 was excellent
What a difference two years makes as 13 was a bit meh and Richie had gone.
I went to two nights at the o2. Can’t remember which might have been 2 and 9 not sure.
My mate a casual fan got tickets for one night and got the best set out of the 10. He got wild is the wind which is something I’ve never seen in all my shows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

james_d 02-07-2021 01:33 PM

Would have loved to see them on this tour, although given my age at the time I wouldn't have appreciated it properly. I'd be interested if someone who was at one of the best shows from the tours after this did an in depth comparison. Some of the European shows in both 2013 and 2019 looked like they were pretty good/great, a breakdown comparison from people there would be really interesting.

bonjovi90 02-07-2021 02:29 PM

Seb had done some lengthy reviews on the 2010/11 tour and one for Milan 2013.

And I had done some extended ones for 2011 and added one for Munich 2013 afterwards. Gotta admit that I had been too lazy to finish Stuttgart and Cologne later on and never posted them. But you still have a comparison:
https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...of-the-t53164/

james_d 02-07-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1272257)
Seb had done some lengthy reviews on the 2010/11 tour and one for Milan 2013.

And I had done some extended ones for 2011 and added one for Munich 2013 afterwards. Gotta admit that I had been too lazy to finish Stuttgart and Cologne later on and never posted them. But you still have a comparison:
https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...of-the-t53164/

Thanks Dominik, I'll have a look