Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Video versions of songs in decent quality MP3? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70336)

danfan 05-10-2018 01:26 PM

Video versions of songs in decent quality MP3?

So weird question. Lots of songs have different versions for the videos. Ripping audio from YouTube has crap quality. Anyone know, or have the tools to create MP3's of videos like Lay Your Hands on Me, Born to be my baby, Whole lot of Leaving?

jazzsta 05-11-2018 07:46 PM

I don't understant what you are asking for. You surely have the songs in CDs or mp3s. In good quality.

So you want the audio from the video?? to include sound effects etc??

Most vevo videos have good sound quality. Then you should use some of the online conversion youtube to mp3 sites. Search & you will find many of them.

Then some of those sites let you choose the quality (they have options like mp3 265kbps) and they keep a good sound quality.

bonjovi90 05-11-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1241256)
I don't understant what you are asking for. You surely have the songs in CDs or mp3s. In good quality.

Most vevo videos have good sound quality. Then you should use some of the online conversion youtube to mp3 sites. Search & you will find many of them.

Then some of those sites let you choose the quality (they have options like mp3 265kbps) and they keep a good sound quality.

Yep, the VEVO channels are the official ones and I think all the video versions you were talking about are on there in proper sound quality. And there are tons of online converters who do that job for you.

Captain_jovi 05-11-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1241256)

No, a lot of the music videos have different edits. The rhythm guitar to the Intro of Everyday, Jon's dreadful phase of live vocals over the backing tracks (Memory, Leaving, When We Were Beautiful, etc).

I'm pretty sure I Believe's video version is the Clearmountain Edit if it helps.

Dave 1986 05-12-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1241263)
No, a lot of the music videos have different edits. The rhythm guitar to the Intro of Everyday, Jon's dreadful phase of live vocals over the backing tracks (Memory, Leaving, When We Were Beautiful, etc).

I'm pretty sure I Believe's video version is the Clearmountain Edit if it helps.

Yea, “I Believe” video uses that version. I’d imagine a lot of the single/video edits/remixed you can get from CD singles anyway. Another way besides ripping from YouTube would be ripping audio from DVDs that have music videos.

danfan 05-13-2018 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1241305)
Yea, “I Believe” video uses that version. I’d imagine a lot of the single/video edits/remixed you can get from CD singles anyway. Another way besides ripping from YouTube would be ripping audio from DVDs that have music videos.

Tried both. Sound sucks. I really like the video versions of LYHOM and BTMMB.

I'm sure if I had decent mixing software it could be improved but I know nothing about that stuff.

Dave 1986 05-13-2018 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1241335)

I'm sure if I had decent mixing software it could be improved but I know nothing about that stuff.

What software are you using to rip the DVD audio? I’ve been using DVD Audio Extractor for several years and works great. Try ripping to WAV first, then convert to MP3.

bonjovi90 05-13-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

I'm honestly not sure what you're asking for then. The only available sources are the official YT channels or (if some have it) the Laserdisc/VHS releases of some older versions. The sound quality is good there, if you rip it at a proper bitrate.
Studio versions on CD from the video mixes aren't available on their own.

Thinny 05-13-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Check the bitrate settings of the software you are using. If you are using a low bitrate, the quality will deteriorate. Or like someone else said, if you rip to Wav the quality should be excellent.

bonjovi90 05-13-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1241414)
Check the bitrate settings of the software you are using. If you are using a low bitrate, the quality will deteriorate. Or like someone else said, if you rip to Wav the quality should be excellent.

Ripping to wav doesn't make too much sense unless he has a VHS-sourced DVD with LPCM sound. Any other format (especially Youtube) has applied its own compression to the sound already, so ripping to 320 (or probably even 256) kbit/s is absolutely enough since it saves room and conserves the quality.