Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Special Editions 2010 - origins of the live songs (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52130)

Johny 11-10-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcj28 (Post 1025162)
The Roulette thing surprises me because I used to have a recording of both KISS' s and Bon Jovi from the Ipswich show.

I only have the Bon Jovi show. Most notable difference is the Richie's counting "one, two, three, four" which he does not do at the Ipswich show for some reason. Another is that we can hear Jon saying "This is for you guys, it is called Roulette" and the song starts immediately. There is some audience noise before it on the SE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinfan (Post 1025164)
I think you will run yourself ragged trying to figure out the EXACT show for every performance. It's kinda interesting having the mystery.

I'm information hunter :)

I'm just pissed off that they dare to say the songs are from eg SWW albums and put there a recording 22 later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinfan (Post 1025164)
This has been established multiple times. It's either that, or the intro on the song was edited out of the video. I thought it was cool to hear how the song originated. It is one of my favorites off of that album, but I'm one of the black sheep who love most of the album.

It is definitely one of the better songs on Bounce. Unfortunately it is too overproduced and too dependent on the loops and samples. Ehm sampled second guitar is not a good thing.

TwinFan 11-10-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1025169)
I'm information hunter :)

I'm just pissed off that they dare to say the songs are from eg SWW albums and put there a recording 22 later.

Me too, but when you think about it, how many soundboard recordings of those songs do they have from that era that we don't? Nowadays they keep every show (I assume), back then they didn't. At least they kept it unreleased. It would've been better if it didn't say "Live from the Slippery When Wet Era" in bold lettering on the back.
Quote:

It is definitely one of the better songs on Bounce. Unfortunately it is too overproduced and too dependent on the loops and samples. Ehm sampled second guitar is not a good thing.
When it comes to studio recordings, I don't mind the loops and samples. I just figure that they can program it into Dave's keyboard. It makes the song complete, no matter how some would disagree. However, this song is quite dependent on it. What I don't like is when they make Jon's voice sound like an AM Radio or really far away. That's pushing it to the limit.

Avantasian 01-11-2011 05:22 PM

Sorry to push this discussion again, but I got my Crush, New Jersey, Keep The Faith and These Days Special Editions this week, cause they were 5€ each on Amazon.de.

Well, what I wanted to say is that I really think Just Older is from 2005-2006 time. Although Jon's vocals seem to be a bit too strong for this time I thought it's gotta be from there cause you can clearly hear Dave and Jeff Kazee play Keys.

There's a piano (both handed) and an organ playing simultaneously, which is clearly an indication for the HAND tour, or was Kazee still with them on the LH tour?

Or is it even from 2004 Borgata show? (Wonder if it was played there?)

Captain_jovi 01-11-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avantasian (Post 1035071)
Sorry to push this discussion again, but I got my Crush, New Jersey, Keep The Faith and These Days Special Editions this week, cause they were 5€ each on Amazon.de.

Well, what I wanted to say is that I really think Just Older is from 2005-2006 time. Although Jon's vocals seem to be a bit too strong for this time I thought it's gotta be from there cause you can clearly hear Dave and Jeff Kazee play Keys.

There's a piano (both handed) and an organ playing simultaneously, which is clearly an indication for the HAND tour, or was Kazee still with them on the LH tour?

Or is it even from 2004 Borgata show? (Wonder if it was played there?)

Isnt Older one of those songs where Dave does both? I know there are some songs where Dave is able to play two parts at once and stand awkwardly. Sleep when Im dead being one of them.

Avantasian 01-11-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1035079)
Isnt Older one of those songs where Dave does both? I know there are some songs where Dave is able to play two parts at once and stand awkwardly. Sleep when Im dead being one of them.

Yeah that's true. He does that again since the Hand tour.

But there are two reasons I thought this can't be Dave only:

a) the organ in this version is quite prominent in the mix and sounds different to the organ-sound Dave uses usually.
b) in the calm part of the song you can hear Dave clearly play piano both handed. He wouldn't be able to play these organ licks while doing this. He'd need a third hand :)

Captain_jovi 01-12-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avantasian (Post 1035081)
Yeah that's true. He does that again since the Hand tour.

But there are two reasons I thought this can't be Dave only:

a) the organ in this version is quite prominent in the mix and sounds different to the organ-sound Dave uses usually.
b) in the calm part of the song you can hear Dave clearly play piano both handed. He wouldn't be able to play these organ licks while doing this. He'd need a third hand :)

Just listened to the version we're talking about. You're clearly correct, my bad.

Emisambora 01-12-2011 12:59 AM

Just finished to register all albums in the vault.

I got to say, this time I really like what Obie did with this songs.
Richieīs guitar on Raise your hands itīs on the top of the mixing, itīs on vocals level.
And the same to Hey God, itīs one of the most powerfull version that I got and the mix is great again.

Good job this time

The Northern Cowboy 01-12-2011 04:31 PM

A question about the live version of Any Other Day. Did they edit it out, or did Richie not play the a solo during the "jam" during some of the shows? It just seems odd that Bobby, Lorenza, and David would get turns but not Richie.

Thierry 01-12-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Northern Cowboy (Post 1035147)
A question about the live version of Any Other Day. Did they edit it out, or did Richie not play the a solo during the "jam" during some of the shows? It just seems odd that Bobby, Lorenza, and David would get turns but not Richie.

Later on in the tour Richie's end solo was cut out - he simply didn't play it anymore.

The Northern Cowboy 01-13-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1035156)
Later on in the tour Richie's end solo was cut out - he simply didn't play it anymore.

Ahh ok. I wonder why? :(