Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   THINFS Tour ProShots (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70382)

YOVANAfromPeru 08-09-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1243667)
Well, maybe next week then...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243890)
(sarcasm - not sure what song we're getting - Just playing the odds)

One of the odds was no video?
If they don't post a video, I'M gonna be mad!

liljovi93 08-09-2018 08:15 PM

https://youtu.be/9H264z9E34w

Bed Of Roses it is

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 08-09-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1243903)
https://youtu.be/9H264z9E34w

Bed Of Roses it is

Didn't expect that at all... Those cameras really are amazing!!! I was literally right there. I'll have to go find myself

Sucks there is no Amen intro

rokenrola 08-09-2018 10:40 PM

all 4 of proshots version are great,no matter what great debaters here say,that Jon sucks,they do corrections with audio and so on,all in all if they realised some dvd of this tour it will be if not great definitely very good material.

bonjovi90 08-09-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1243905)
all 4 of proshots version are great,no matter what great debaters here say,that Jon sucks,they do corrections with audio and so on,all in all if they realised some dvd of this tour it will be if not great definitely very good material.

Stop that same old shit.
No one has said anything like that in this thread.

james_d 08-09-2018 11:43 PM

He certainly seems to find the ballads easier these days. That BOR, whilst obviously not on the levels of yesteryear, was still nice to listen to.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-10-2018 07:09 AM

somehow I enjoyed It’s my life and Bed of roses more than I thought...

WhamATC 08-10-2018 10:55 AM

They keep uploading the normal performances. We got for example BOR from Allentown 2018.

Walleris 08-10-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1243913)
somehow I enjoyed It’s my life and Bed of roses more than I thought...

Me too. And I am supposed to be a hater here.

Obviously, the vocals extremely doctored, but there's something else that's authentic - Jon's interaction. His intro to IML, his (and David's) outro of BOR are stuff we don't usually see, there was no autopilot there. It's exactly the stuff that Jon should be doing more and more (other examples include 'time machine' Runaway intro, long buildup to the last chorus of Saturday Night, mid-song banter in Bad Medicine, etc.) to compensate for his vocal shortcomings.

james_d 08-10-2018 12:45 PM

I agree dude, it's those moments that really make Bon Jovi. Obviously we all love the music, but the chemistry between Jon and David, Jon and Tico etc that has developed over 35 years is great to see on stage. Jon's voice, whilst better than 2017, is still inconsistent at best but setting performances like this and the enjoyment of the crowd make me think they should keep going, as long as Jon still works on his voice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1243915)
Me too. And I am supposed to be a hater here.

Obviously, the vocals extremely doctored, but there's something else that's authentic - Jon's interaction. His intro to IML, his (and David's) outro of BOR are stuff we don't usually see, there was no autopilot there. It's exactly the stuff that Jon should be doing more and more (other examples include 'time machine' Runaway intro, long buildup to the last chorus of Saturday Night, mid-song banter in Bad Medicine, etc.) to compensate for his vocal shortcomings.

Rdkopper 08-10-2018 06:38 PM

I'm so glad you guys are seeing this... those moments are those little things that get overlooked when reviewing Audience Recordings on YouTube...

There are still those magical moments at these shows that can only be captured when you attend in person... I've been to 7 or 8 shows between 2017 and 2018 and had a blast every time... Sure vocals are important and I would love nothing more than Jon to belt something out in the old school fashion but... these little moments that were mentioned above will definitely take you back in time... It's awesome when it happens... You'll go back in time, the noise clears out like there is no one there, you'll take it all in and just smile. You're 18 years old again... That's the best way to describe it...

I've always said, there must be something there to satisfy 20 thousand people times 30 shows... hardly a bad review from all shows... It's that magic...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 08-10-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243921)
moments that were mentioned above will definitely take you back in time... It's awesome when it happens... You'll go back in time, the noise clears out like there is no one there, you'll take it all in and just smile. You're 18 years old again... That's the best way to describe it...

Very True, but I'm not going to get sentimental and cry today; and you should go to the beach more often.

Rdkopper 08-11-2018 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1243923)
Very True, but I'm not going to get sentimental and cry today; and you should go to the beach more often.

I live there

YOVANAfromPeru 08-11-2018 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243924)
I live there

All year?? That explain why you’re mental! lol

† ÀžžÀ † 08-11-2018 09:03 PM

These clips have been enjoyable but do bring into sharp focus how much Jon has declined since 2011. Compared to much of the footage this tour it’s an improvement but it’s sad to think we’ve lowered our expectations.

Rdkopper 08-11-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1243933)
These clips have been enjoyable but do bring into sharp focus how much Jon has declined since 2011. Compared to much of the footage this tour it’s an improvement but it’s sad to think we’ve lowered our expectations.

I wouldn't say that we lowered our expectations! This is just Jon's best voice... it's a sad reality... we've accepted it as fans... Doesn't mean we thoroughly enjoy it... I just want to get to point were I don't hate it and I think I'm there...

bonjovi90 08-12-2018 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1243933)

We definitely did because we're far off what would've been a natural decline.
Well, some of us did, many have left the boat since the end of the 2011 tour and that declined will continue as well.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

fanofrem 08-16-2018 09:19 PM

No pro-shot today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 08-16-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofrem (Post 1244015)
No pro-shot today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that's it? Four and out!!!

YOVANAfromPeru 08-31-2018 07:18 PM

Sitting at the beach watching this:
This House Is Not For Sale
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Kt8ublKx...ature=youtu.be

hmmm still not GREAT lol

liljovi93 08-31-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1244194)

hmmm still not GREAT lol

****ing shite.

james_d 08-31-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

hmmm still not GREAT lol

It's probably the most I've enjoyed a THINFS performance but that's not saying a massive amount. There's at least some energy and crowd interaction, whilst Phil's solo was cool.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-31-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1244198)
whilst Phil's solo was cool.

I miss Richie in the old songs, not in this new song (maybe because I don’t care that much this new song either...)

Thomas S 09-01-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

hmmm still not GREAT lol

At what point did Jon's dancing become more even more cringe-worthy than his singing...

Eveline 09-01-2018 01:05 PM

I wouldn't even call it dancing but hey, emulating Mick never was and couldn't be a good idea! haha

liljovi93 09-01-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas S (Post 1244201)
At what point did Jon's dancing become more even more cringe-worthy than his singing...

Yeah, it used to just be in Bad Medicine he'd do that dance. Now he seems to do it on every song he can. Cringe.

james_d 09-01-2018 01:33 PM

At least he looks like he's enjoying himself on stage again, as opposed to late 2013 etc where he looked depressed up on stage

liljovi93 09-01-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1244204)
At least he looks like he's enjoying himself on stage again, as opposed to late 2013 etc where he looked depressed up on stage

Yeah totally agree. As cringe as it looks, he does seem to be happier.

Rdkopper 09-01-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas S (Post 1244201)

Oh come on... He's damned if he stands at the mic and he's damned if he's dancing... Maybe he should take professional dance lessons to appease everyone...

YOVANAfromPeru 09-01-2018 02:59 PM

Actually I thought his dancing in this song was pretty good.
On the other hand, I hated Shanks, Everett and Phil X dancing jajaj.

james_d 09-01-2018 03:07 PM

I'd far rather Jon break out some questionable dancing and have some fun than take himself too seriously. Phil seems (to me at least) to actually fit in quite well these days but Shanks doesn't look comfortable on stage still which is a shame.

jazzsta 09-01-2018 05:55 PM

It is not enjoyable with these vocals. And it is sad to be reminded of this non-singing. How I wish the dude could have some sort of breath left and some sort of tonality stable.

WhamATC 09-01-2018 07:03 PM

I don't think dancing professionally would look good at all in almost any Bon Jovi song.
Something like how he didn't dance but just move and jump, etc would be very good, for example most LOAP live versions from maybe the TD tour.

For me John Shanks looks like he's disappointed at Jon's vocals or something most of the times on stage.

bonjovi90 09-01-2018 07:43 PM

Jon has never been a good dancer, but he used to move naturally and work the stage that way. Nowadays it looks so strange, I can't even describe it.

And Shanks clearly isn't made for being a live musician. In that recent interview posted here he said that being on the road is an experience you HAVE to make at some point. It rather seems like he's just checking off some box of what to do in life. Phil X actually enjoys being there.

Captain_jovi 09-02-2018 12:03 AM

That seems contradictory to his past. John Shanks has an extensive touring history, that quote, to me, doesn't sound like it applies to him being on the road with the band. I think thinking that Shanks looks like he's dissapointed with Jon's vocals on stage is a little much. For better or worse he just looks like he doesn't belong with the band but for me it's unnatural because I'm not used to it.

bjcrazycpa 09-02-2018 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1244214)
That seems contradictory to his past. John Shanks has an extensive touring history, that quote, to me, doesn't sound like it applies to him being on the road with the band. I think thinking that Shanks looks like he's dissapointed with Jon's vocals on stage is a little much. For better or worse he just looks like he doesn't belong with the band but for me it's unnatural because I'm not used to it.

Agreed he started as a touring musician. As far as Jon, I don’t think he would define would he does as dancing lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rdkopper 09-02-2018 05:47 AM

Jon's dancing, facial expressions, and smiles are so staged, it all comes across very awkward...

bonjovi90 09-02-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1244214)

He does but it sounded to me like he enjoys being on the studio more and that live experience doesn't really thrive him. With Phil, you can tell that he lives for being on a stage and rocking out. I think Shanks is there because Jon begged him to replace Bobby. At least Jon's comment during the THINFS promo show in New York hinted at that.

Eveline 09-02-2018 01:14 PM

And to think there were only five of them and it was enough for years...

bonjovi90 09-02-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1244218)
And to think there were only five of them and it was enough for years...

Come to think of it, once they brought in now musicians it all started to go wrong.