Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Announcements, Questions & Comments (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why all the ads?!? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69066)

jtadmin 10-12-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf33 (Post 1209753)
I haven't installed any new security, it's the same antivirus that I've had for a while that flags up the malware and locks the site down, on both Chrome & avast safe browser. I not had a problem till the last week or so, but now I can only access the site via another browser, which is annoying, I don't mind the popups as I can close them, but malware locking up the site is another matter, can you please sort that out, as altho I could pay to use the site, It wouldn't solve the problem, as the malware registers as soon as I browse onto the site, locking it up, so I can not login, so paying would mean I have to have a browser just for here!

Which antivirus are you using? And the OS, Windows? What version?
Are you using some kind of ad blocker?

B.J. Always 10-13-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtadmin (Post 1209761)
That's probably just an ad. Is it promoting software such as MacKeeper?

Yes it was. And yesterday I couldn't even log in to the site because one Ad after another kept coming up. And then the site told me I had used up my 5 attempts to log in.

After I waited the time to sign in again Apple gave me the message that said "Deceptive Website Warning". I didn't know what was going on so I didn't try to log in again until now. And with this log in there was no problem at all!

ajf33 10-14-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtadmin (Post 1209763)
Which antivirus are you using? And the OS, Windows? What version?
Are you using some kind of ad blocker?

Avast Antivirus, Windows 10 64 home edition, and yes I have adblock plus installed, but have had that for a while, withot it causing the virus alert pic I shared on a previous page.

The alert happens on Chrome & Avast safe browser (which uses chrome programming) but not edge, which I don't like using, and only am as only browser I have that runs this site!

B.J. Always 10-18-2016 10:45 PM

Gee I can't believe it I got an X rated ad. Please that is really a bit much!

I think I have finally gotten the ads blocked. After seeing that X rated ad I was willing to do about anything to get rid of them!

ajf33 10-22-2016 10:11 AM

Ok now the site is causing virus alerts via the pop ups in Edge as well, getting way beyond a joke, and is in danger of killing of the casual browsers who don't mind seeing the odd ad in exchange for free use of the site. I'm not gonna sign up just because if I don't i'll get bombarded with ad's that trip my anti virus, I'd sign up because ei can justify doing so by th amount i'd actually use the site, which at the moment is not enough to justify joining. Please sort out the mess these pop ups are causing, otherwise you're really gonna see a drop off in visitors, as there seem to be no browsers safe from pop up induced virus alerts!

rokuli 10-22-2016 06:23 PM

This ad thing's gotten out of hand really. Site is basically unusable. Dont wanna come here often anymore because of this ridiculousness....

jazzsta 10-26-2016 12:47 PM

Seriously it is very bad. Via mobile, 90% of taps result in some popup, which you have to close fast, otherwise some persistant thing is gonna keep buzzing and lots of other BS come around. I close ads more than reading the forum. I am sure you dont need all these adds to survive, do you?

groover22 10-26-2016 01:11 PM

I use Tapatalk to read the forums now. Zero ads. Or the ad block plus add-on using Firefox browser does the trick also.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JerseyGiant 10-27-2016 03:26 PM

Im also using Jovi talk on my mobile every click on a page leads to a ad! It took me at least 15 mins to get here to l9g in and post!

JoviForever 10-27-2016 09:22 PM

The site is almost at the point of unusable!