Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Should Bon Jovi Tour again in 2022? After April? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70895)

rolo_tomachi 04-08-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1278715)
I don't think it's possible for any of us to tell whether vocal surgery is an option for him or not. We don't know what exactly is going on with his voice on a physiological/medical level, we don't know what kind of treatment options (surgical or non-surgical) are available for his condition and most medical interventions, especially bigger ones like surgeries, always come with certain risks attached to them. So even if surgery was a possible treatment option for his condition, there could still be potential side effects or risks he just personally wouldn't wanna take.

My opinion, and this is not an affirmation, just an assumption, is that Jon already had surgery, back in 2014-2016. I think he took that risk and it didn't work out. For what he can only live with this thing and carry on.

musiccritic101 04-08-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1278716)
My opinion, and this is not an affirmation, just an assumption, is that Jon already had surgery, back in 2014-2016. I think he took that risk and it didn't work out. For what he can only live with this thing and carry on.

That does seem plausable and I've actually been thinking the same since the last tour, between 2014-2016 Jon still sounded like himself he still had his natural JBJ tone but his high register was pretty rough but at that point he still didn't exhibit the breathing and clipping issues, fast forward to the first show of the THINFS Tour and Jon's suddenly lost his normal tone and is having pitch and breathe control issues. In theory Jon must've had some kind of work done to his vocal cords to help him regain some of his vocal stamina and high range,for whatever reason it failed and Jon's cords were further damaged so he had to relearn how to sing the songs and learn a new vocal technique to get through the songs.

Of course Jon won't admit that he had vocal surgery to fix the damage or whatever was wrong with his voice, the 'vocal surgery fail' kinda does explain the sudden change in Jon's vocal timbre during the first show of the THINFS tour and why his voice seemed to deteriorate every year after 2017.

bonjovi90 04-08-2022 06:53 PM

I think he had some sort of medical vocal treatment between the promo shows in 2016 and the tour start in 2017. His tone was completely gone as the tour started. As said before, Paul Stanley had openly admitted to have had vocal surgery and his voice fell into the same kind of pattern afterwards.
In general, surgery requires a lot of time of keeping quiet afterwards and I don't think that was for Jon. Look at Bonnie Tyler, she didn't keep quiet and that's why her voice got so extremly hoarse as well.

Captain_jovi 04-08-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1278722)
I think he had some sort of medical vocal treatment between the promo shows in 2016 and the tour start in 2017. His tone was completely gone as the tour started. As said before, Paul Stanley had openly admitted to have had vocal surgery and his voice fell into the same kind of pattern afterwards.
In general, surgery requires a lot of time of keeping quiet afterwards and I don't think that was for Jon. Look at Bonnie Tyler, she didn't keep quiet and that's why her voice got so extremly hoarse as well.

KISS also started tuning a whole step down around Paul's vocal problems too interestingly enough.

BD135 04-08-2022 07:20 PM

He should just stick to acoustic theatre shows for the die-hards. That way he can do spoken-word versions of songs and casual fans wont show up and be disappointed. He may feel an obligation to keep the machine going, but with these horrible reviews...

Captain_jovi 04-08-2022 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BD135 (Post 1278724)
He should just stick to acoustic theatre shows for the die-hards. That way he can do spoken-word versions of songs and casual fans wont show up and be disappointed. He may feel an obligation to keep the machine going, but with these horrible reviews...

Casual fans keep the wheel turning. Is there enough people that don't want the hits and are cool hearing him warble through album cuts? I fear the diehards won't be as forgiving as the casuals.

But in theory, 100 percent, I would go back to seeing them live if that was the promise. Sadly the hits fund the machine.

jovifan85 04-11-2022 10:31 AM

Does anyone think Jon Bon Jovi, will release a statement to the media, at the end of the 2022 Tour, and say "This is why my voice is like this", and that voice surgery failed, and made my voice worse?....Or time and wear has caught up with him?

As the media reviews have picked-up on what fans could have said since 2015?

I love the guy, but perhaps this is what is needed, if he continues I will follow, despite the bad voice, he can still write good songs......

musiccritic101 04-11-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1278864)
Does anyone think Jon Bon Jovi, will release a statement to the media, at the end of the 2022 Tour, and say "This is why my voice is like this", and that voice surgery failed, and made my voice worse?....Or time and wear has caught up with him?

As the media reviews have picked-up on what fans could have said since 2015?

I love the guy, but perhaps this is what is needed, if he continues I will follow, despite the bad voice, he can still write good songs......

I doubt Jon will ever admit to the public on what's going with his voice, he'll likely continue on like nothings wrong like he's done for the last decade or so.

He did mention something about his voice not being able to perform the way he wants it to, during the early THINFS promo interviews but he was kinda being really vague about it.

liljovi93 04-11-2022 12:04 PM

No he won't make any statement. Why should he? People still pay and if this is the last tour/2023, then why should he?

The most we've got and most we'll ever get is 'my voice is shot' on God Bless This Mess.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

midnight_train 04-12-2022 04:35 PM

What Ritchie Sambora interview are people are referencing here. I have seen them in 2001 Ottawa, 2005, Montreal, 2007, Ottawa, and 2018 Ottawa. 2018 was BAD. He was so pitchy, and I won tickets so thank god it was free. I do feel like since 2000 they toured way too much, and Sirius XM host Trunk Nation Eddie Trunk has said that even before the pandemic there were too many artists touring.

How many summers have we seen Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, Heart, Foreigner, Styx, Don Felder, Journey etc. doing package tours. Trotting out the same hits year after year. Do they need the money that badly.