Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sex, drugs and Bon Jovi (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=51366)

lyelro 07-27-2010 11:54 AM

First post! Been lurking for ages. So refreshing to be able to say what you think.

Personally I think the main issue will be personal embarrassment for Jon, and him dreading his family/political/charity friends and associates etc seeing them. Especially the older children. But the photos were taken 25 odd years ago. I reckon he should be able to just laugh them off.

How many of us did things in our twenties that we would rather stayed hidden from our present partners/colleagues etc. I know I have LOL. But then I'm not a celebrity and it's not of any interest to anyone!
The band wouldn't have been thinking about these getting out 25 odd years later.

I doubt if they will do the band any harm. Jon just needs to keep his cool over something that is old news really anyway, and let his publicity machine deal with the press etc.

I guess there could be a danger of some additional "kiss n tell" stuff coming out. I don't know how they have managed to keep all their "secrets" so firmly in the circle all these years.

But then I don't remember anything much following on from the revelations in the former body guards book "Starman". Don't remember the Zuccuni twins ever coming forward to cash in LOL. They have probably already been well paid off anyway!

Jack27 07-27-2010 02:38 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ked-girls.html

TheJerseySyndicate 07-27-2010 03:53 PM

http://94wysp.radio.com/2010/07/27/r...view-07-27-10/

interview with the author rich bozzet.

KeepTheFaith2211 07-27-2010 03:55 PM

I don't think this'll change anything. Bon Jovi will still be known as that 'guy who sings Livin' On A Prayer'. Nobody'll be bothered.

AmyHarket 07-27-2010 04:15 PM

Ew! Gross! Ahhh my eyes got decayed.......but good to know that the former tour manager admitted those photos were set-up and taken in the band's 2nd album era, So, those disgraceful photos were not taken in the band's private photos and they were single then.

As far as Jon's wife, she is cool about Rock star life as Jon already said in April 2008 and he never lie to her (i.e, tell her if he slept with a woman), which is gross to me but that's their business and they are fine with that.
What is problem is about their children. Even though those photos were set-up, those are visually shocking to see. I don't know how Jon and his wife are going to keep preventing their children from those photos. :(

They were taken by famed photographer Ross Marino in 1985 when Jon was just 22, busy promoting second album 7800°Fahrenheit.

It wasn't until the release of Bon Jovi's third album, Slippery When Wet that the band shot to superstardom.

The never-published pictures were kept locked away for more than 20 years by the band's former tour manager, Rich Bozzett, who has included them in his new book charting his time with the band.

He told Mail Online he tracked them down years after they were taken at the request of Bon Jovi, who asked him to destroy them after remembering their existence following his rise to fame.

But Bozzett kept them along with other memorabilia from his seven years with the band.

He said he had great memories of travelling the world with the unknown band during their rise to fame - and particularly of Jon Bon Jovi.

'He treated me very well, I felt he was a nice person, and very genuine.'

He said he remembers the photoshoot well - and that Bon Jovi enjoyed it.

'Back at that time, you're a young man, you're going to enjoy something like that,' he said.

But he said that the shoot was a set-up, with Bon Jovi already dating the woman who would become his wife, his teenage sweetheart, Dorothea Hurley, the mother of his four children.

'We were trying to toughen up the image,' he explained, saying the huge record sales of bands like Motley Crue inspired the idea.

BonJovi100 07-27-2010 05:22 PM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...84_634x445.jpg
Hmmm. So this included VIP packages in 1985?? It was special offert only for woman?? What was included in VIP packages for man?? Do we get "Gays, drugs and Bon Jovi part2 ??"... Interesting...

I'm just kidding ;] But I'm litte worry about photos with M.JAckson. We all know that he liked boys and in 1985 Jon was quite pretty boy... and Richie to :cool:

Supersonic 07-27-2010 05:31 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyHarket (Post 1007805)
Even though those photos were set-up, those are visually shocking to see. I don't know how Jon and his wife are going to keep preventing their children from those photos. :(

Are you one of those people who thought that Janet Jackson's nipple "accident" during the Superbowl had also messed up the mind of the children?

Their children know the marriage of Jon and Dorothea. Saying this is shocking for their children pretty much means that you either wouldn't or didn't educate your children well enough about true love or joking about true love.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1007800)
I don't think this'll change anything. Bon Jovi will still be known as that 'guy who sings Livin' On A Prayer'. Nobody'll be bothered.

That's the way us in Europe would handle this. I've been in America for only a short while now but have found out that this indeed could destroy Jon's reputation, because many Americans are that narrow minded.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

AmyHarket 07-27-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1007824)
Aloha !

Are you one of those people who thought that Janet Jackson's nipple "accident" during the Superbowl had also messed up the mind of the children?

Their children know the marriage of Jon and Dorothea. Saying this is shocking for their children pretty much means that you either wouldn't or didn't educate your children well enough about true love or joking about true love.

That's the way us in Europe would handle this. I've been in America for only a short while now but have found out that this indeed could destroy Jon's reputation, because many Americans are that narrow minded.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I don't know if they educated their children well enough about true love but I'm sure they are trying. I think "live before you die" is such song for their children.
Those disgusting photos of their father have been unofficially published now and if they made fun of them with those photos,,,,,,,,,,I just hope they are strong enough like their mother.

KeepTheFaith2211 07-27-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyHarket (Post 1007850)
I don't know if they educated their children well enough about true love but I'm sure they are trying. I think "Learn To Love" is such song for their children.
Those disgusting photos of their father have been unofficially published now and if they made fun of them with those photos,,,,,,,,,,I just hope they are strong enough like their mother.

I don't think they really are 'disgusting' if you put it into perspective. He probably got found in a lot worse situations, to be honest. He's a good looking guy who was a rockstar in the 80s, afterall...

Becky 07-27-2010 09:42 PM

Since it's staged, it's not much different from an actor/actress doing a scene in a movie. When the guy providing the pictures tells you they were done to toughen up the image, it just becomes a bad professional decision.