Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sex, drugs and Bon Jovi (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=51366)

Makedde 08-03-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJB12 (Post 1009028)
I think it's only going to be available for purchase online, as it doesn't have a major distributor. It was "released" a couple of weeks ago but not in stores or even on Amazon.

Oh crap. I hate buying things online.

Does it not have a major distributer because they don't think it'll sell?

Beaky 08-03-2010 11:07 AM

Firstly and on a side-topic, I think I'm right in saying that Jon fired Doc because the band were clearly burnt out at the end of the Jersey tour and he wanted to add 70 more shows. This made Jon realise that the welfare of the band was a distant second to world domination as far as Doc was concerned. That was the last straw anyway.

On the subject of this book, I think Jon will love the pictures being in the public domain. He's mentioned many times in interviews that they behaved like a rock band back then but I think people have always had a problem believing it (which, incidentally, is why these pics 'toughen up' the bands' image. Anyone breathing and listening to music in the 80s knows that if you didn't want to be lumped in with REO Speedwagon, you had to have an edge. These pics are Jon's attempt to provide it IMO).

I don't know Jon, I can't begin to verify anything, this is just opinion but I would guess that the pictures are a perfect scenario for him; 25 years ago so he doesn't have to work too hard to explain them ('it was a different time, that's what bands did' etc etc) and he gets a few 'Been there, done that' rock 'n' roll points also. The text of the book is another matter. Until we see it, who knows how the band would feel about it.

Anyone who says they don't know why these pics were even taken is either Amish or naive. As a teenager in the 80s, if RAW magazine had given me a free poster of my favourite band cavorting on a bed with semi-naked chicks I wouldn't have gone back to the newsagents, slammed it on the counter and said 'You can keep that SMUT!' I wouldn't have felt let down or disappointed... I would have wanted to be a rock star so badly I would probably have sold a kidney.

Times change and you won't see a pic of Jon doing this now. But this is Jon at 23 years old, with a record deal, with the stories of The Stones and The Who floating around in his head. Anyone who would judge him on this is frankly a bit highly strung. Anyone who would get upset over it needs to stop following a rock band and join a cult because you clearly have emotional dependancy issues that can't be resolved by 4 guys from Jersey.

Oh... hold the phone Rodney... is JBJ getting a BJ in that one?! Now I'm disgusted... I'd have let the one on the left do it...

Shaz 08-03-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyHarket (Post 1007805)
Ew! Gross! Ahhh my eyes got decayed.......but good to know that the former tour manager admitted those photos were set-up and taken in the band's 2nd album era, So, those disgraceful photos were not taken in the band's private photos and they were single then.

As far as Jon's wife, she is cool about Rock star life as Jon already said in April 2008 and he never lie to her (i.e, tell her if he slept with a woman), which is gross to me but that's their business and they are fine with that.
What is problem is about their children. Even though those photos were set-up, those are visually shocking to see. I don't know how Jon and his wife are going to keep preventing their children from those photos. :(

Oh FFS. :rolleyes:

luceknight 08-05-2010 06:12 PM

http://the-screen-door.blogspot.com/...-bon-jovi.html

rocknation 08-05-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight

From http://the-screen-door.blogspot.com/...-bon-jovi.html:

Bozzett...was fired in early 1989. How he was let go is a source of contention and it casts an immeasurable shadow over this entire book...An inordinate amount of time is spent on Doc McGhee’s operations...Very little...is new...

Take away the pictures and you’re not left with much...(A)n overriding sense of bitterness...contaminates everything around it...

The nail in the coffin for Sex, Drugs and Bon Jovi was how it was marketed...(T)he marketing takes it one step lower...Bon Jovi fans will show up with extinguishers to put the fire out...

Now that it's confirmed that the book is the result of a disgruntled ex-employee who deliberately and vengefully concealed the photos, it's poetic justice that Bozzett should not look foward to cashing in on someone else's moral shortcomings.

I love the smell of vindication in the morning.

Lisa71 08-08-2010 09:42 PM

Has anyone gotten this book? I was just wondering what your opinion of it is? I have seen some reviews and they seem pretty good. Apparently, the pictures are great. Just wondering what Dry County thinks?

Becky 08-08-2010 11:21 PM

A friend of a friend got it and she said it was all hype and no substance. As far as "drugs" go one story was Jon and Dorothea were suspected of having drugs at an airport and they got full body searched. It's just crap like that that doesn't really amount to a hill of beans and no one is really interested in hearing anyway.

luceknight 08-09-2010 12:31 AM

If anyone here got it...please, can you share some pics? :D

Makedde 08-09-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1009777)
A friend of a friend got it and she said it was all hype and no substance. As far as "drugs" go one story was Jon and Dorothea were suspected of having drugs at an airport and they got full body searched. It's just crap like that that doesn't really amount to a hill of beans and no one is really interested in hearing anyway.

In other words, its a bunch of made up crap that you'd see in the likes of the National Enquirer and not to be taken seriously.

Becky 08-10-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makedde (Post 1009809)
In other words, its a bunch of made up crap that you'd see in the likes of the National Enquirer and not to be taken seriously.

"Dirt and not even good dirt" sums it up from what I've heard.