Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Collateral -Angels crying (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70617)

YOVANAfromPeru 09-01-2019 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1258717)
Things are not black and white Yovanna.

What semigood says is:

He thinks that Memory is a better song then Walk Like A Man.
He thinks Walk Like A Man would be better as the first single.
He actually thinks that Memory is a masterpiece.
He has no desire to listen to Memory, usually.

None of the above statements contradict each other. The world is colorful and full of nuances. Let's embrace that ;)

what the hell are you talking about it???
Are you still drinking water in bars?

semigoodlooking 09-02-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1258718)
Well, thinking that someone is so good to actually classify it as masterpiece and at the same time having no desire to listen to something you rate that high is a little contradiction to me ;)

I think Schindler's List is a complete front to back masterpiece. I have seen it twice in 25 years. The qualities of that movie are not in dispute for me, but I may probably never watch it again.

Aquaman from last year was a generally poor movie, I have seen it twice in less than 12 months. While I won't seek it out, I may leave Aquaman on if I am scanning cable one night in the future.

Regardless of that, I don't listen to Memory often because I don't like the song that much. What's liking something got to do with understanding whether that something is a masterpiece or not? Critical thinking should allow you to judge something beyond the bias of your own opinion. Otherwise anything you simply don't like would be deemed to lack merit.

And like Seb correctly pointed out, I said one of their few masterpieces (less than a handful for me) this century. I was not neccesarily comparing it to the myriad masterpieces the band put out pre-2000.

bonjovi90 09-02-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1258756)
I think Schindler's List is a complete front to back masterpiece. I have seen it twice in 25 years. The qualities of that movie are not in dispute for me, but I may probably never watch it again.

Aquaman from last year was a generally poor movie, I have seen it twice in less than 12 months. While I won't seek it out, I may leave Aquaman on if I am scanning cable one night in the future.

Regardless of that, I don't listen to Memory often because I don't like the song that much. What's liking something got to do with understanding whether that something is a masterpiece or not? Critical thinking should allow you to judge something beyond the bias of your own opinion. Otherwise anything you simply don't like would be deemed to lack merit.

And like Seb correctly pointed out, I said one of their few masterpieces (less than a handful for me) this century. I was not neccesarily comparing it to the myriad masterpieces the band put out pre-2000.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

ldstyles97 09-19-2019 10:43 PM

Rosie?

https://youtu.be/txZ_vlHiFKA

Thinny 09-20-2019 12:54 AM

They are obviously big Bon Jovi fans, but that was just embarrassing. The front man is so over the top that it borders on ridiculous. Like a bad parady...

Supersonic 09-21-2019 08:37 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1258984)
They are obviously big Bon Jovi fans, but that was just embarrassing. The front man is so over the top that it borders on ridiculous. Like a bad parady...

Seems like it flows with the night rather well then. The main act attracts the same audience who've no idea they're watching a borderline parody act of the band they are supposedly huge fans of.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan