Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Santa Fe 07-18-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1265670)
Yeah, the year is horrible, but chances are that it might fit the album then.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

And the merchandise also shows the horrible title so I do not think they 'd chose a new title unfortunately

steel_horse75 07-19-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265666)
I wish Bon Jovi would ever do a double album, you know, like Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chili Peppers or White Album by The Beatles.

Cant think of anything worse than a modern day Jovi double album.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Xavi 07-19-2020 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265666)
I wish Bon Jovi would ever do a double album, you know, like Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chili Peppers or White Album by The Beatles.

"This house is not for sale" was a 21 songs album,so,there you have your double album.

steel_horse75 07-19-2020 10:14 AM

I see Alice Cooper and Desnond Child are writing together again. Be good if Jon and Desmond wrote together.

Roll 07-19-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265675)
I see Alice Cooper and Desnond Child are writing together again. Be good if Jon and Desmond wrote together.

It makes no sense since Jon couldn't sing the songs anyway.

nikos greece 07-19-2020 11:45 AM

out of a whole album of material melodies and harmonies choosing the 1 song because u shred in it shows serious distance from the music...
i am a shredder but when u re a musician you must appreciate the songs... melodies harmoniew lyrics meaning of the song...
i comment on that phrase from phil x not to attack phil x but to underline that sadly the band has became just a cell of a true band.
the people involved have lost the spark, maybe jon still has things to say but turned it too much into a machine. they always were a pop band but you could see some magic in the songs and the live performances, now sadly it isnt there. i dont want a "dangerous" solo, it makes me cringe, i want some inspiration behind the notes and some luv towards the songs

rolo_tomachi 07-19-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265674)
"This house is not for sale" was a 21 songs album,so,there you have your double album.

It is not the same concept. I was referring to an album a little more conceptual to say the least. A double album that is somehow thinking from the beginning and creating it from that ambition. Another double album that I really like is In Your Honor by Foo Fighters. Disc1 is an electric rock ablum, and Disc2 is an acoustic album, both have some interesting junction points. Imagine that Bon Jovi released a double album in 3 years like that, that would blow my mind. They could even tour with mixed acoustic and electric shows like Hammersmith Odeon. And in the big cities they could do 2 different shows, a stadium playing on electric and then a small arena with an acoustic approach.

What I mean is that Bon Jovi lost all his ambition, and I would like the next release to be somewhat more ambitious.

Faceman 07-19-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265673)
Cant think of anything worse than a modern day Jovi double album.

I think it's an awesome idea! A double album named "What About This Burning House" consisting of remastered versions from the last 3 albums - naturally bar the best songs which get replaced by live versions of It's My Life, Who Says You Can't Go Home and Lost Highway. Of course those are cut together by Obie from different shows between 2017-2019.

Faceman 07-19-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265678)
It is not the same concept. I was referring to an album a little more conceptual to say the least. A double album that is somehow thinking from the beginning and creating it from that ambition. Another double album that I really like is In Your Honor by Foo Fighters. Disc1 is an electric rock ablum, and Disc2 is an acoustic album, both have some interesting junction points. Imagine that Bon Jovi released a double album in 3 years like that, that would blow my mind. They could even tour with mixed acoustic and electric shows like Hammersmith Odeon. And in the big cities they could do 2 different shows, a stadium playing on electric and then a small arena with an acoustic approach.

What I mean is that Bon Jovi lost all his ambition, and I would like the next release to be somewhat more ambitious.

Your idea would have worked for Bon Jovi maybe 10 years ago.
It's a nice concept. The Rolling Stones did that kind of touring I think 2003.
But nowadays Bon Jovi would fail big time.

Xavi 07-19-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265678)

You have "The River" by Bruce Springsteen,wich is a double album,at the peak of his career,disc 1 and disc 2 are the same concept of songs,just like THINFS 21 songs,and you cant blame Bruce of lack of ambition.
By the way,Bon Jovi did tour on some european bounce tour shows,playing half of the show accoustic and the other half electric.