Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crossroads remastered? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47898)

imtheking 03-15-2009 03:16 PM

Crossroads remastered?

On the CD cover for the other bon jovi remastered CD's, it has crossroads. I searched for it, but it only came with the regular black plastic case, and not the celar plastic one that says, "The Bon Jovi Remastered." Does anyone know why, or is this the remastered version?
________
Motorcycle Tires

Thomas Anderson 03-15-2009 03:58 PM

Well, I have the one which clearly says "The Bon Jovi Remasters" and I'd bet that, unless you find a copy produced years ago, any and every current copy would be from this series.

imtheking 03-15-2009 05:52 PM

I saw one at Best Buy yesterday that had the original package. Weird, right?
________
SAUBER F1.09

The Northern Cowboy 03-16-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson (Post 911601)
Well, I have the one which clearly says "The Bon Jovi Remasters" and I'd bet that, unless you find a copy produced years ago, any and every current copy would be from this series.

Really? Mine does not state that it's remastered, and as far as I know, all the copies I've seen in stores don't either.

Does the Sound and Vision version of CR contain the remastered version?

Panda 03-16-2009 06:08 AM

I took a look at my CD and it said "Remastered"... I think it was my first Bon Jovi CD, I think around 3 or 4 years ago... So maybe the stopped making the remastered version recently. Or maybe it's just a given that it's remastered.

Makedde 03-20-2009 05:51 AM

Stupid question - but if something is 'remastered' does it sound any different? One of my albums that I have ordered is remastered, and I wonder if it's going to sound different...

Captain Walrus 03-20-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makedde (Post 912179)
Stupid question - but if something is 'remastered' does it sound any different? One of my albums that I have ordered is remastered, and I wonder if it's going to sound different...

I'm not an expert on the technical details, but I think it just means it sounds a bit clearer, possibly a bit louder too

Heh, I remember when I first started collecting the Bon Jovi albums (when I was 14 - 15), I thought that "Bon Jovi Remastered" was a different band covering Bon Jovi songs :oops:

Thomas Anderson 03-20-2009 01:16 PM

If I remember correctly the remasters were basically just new digital transfers from the original masters, done in 1998, 20-bit transfers. Presumably they've been re-done since then because at least Slippery When Wet has been released as DVD-Audio which is 24-bit.

RS8MB0R8 03-20-2009 02:13 PM

My bro's got the original and I have the remastered version - the only difference I can see in the packaging is that the older version has the red/white spine and the remastered is all white. The remastered version also has the little leaflet advertising the back-catalogue remastered series.

imtheking 03-21-2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 912208)
My bro's got the original and I have the remastered version - the only difference I can see in the packaging is that the older version has the red/white spine and the remastered is all white. The remastered version also has the little leaflet advertising the back-catalogue remastered series.

My version has the red/white spine, but also the catalog.
________
Flood insurance forum