Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi Remasters (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50060)

bonbevan 01-22-2010 12:38 PM

Bon Jovi Remasters

Hi Guys

Just wandered what your thoughts were on the remastered old albums like 7800 and New Jersey etc, are they worth buying? is the quality of the audio a lot better than the standard discs

Thanks

Supersonic 01-22-2010 12:41 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonbevan (Post 966539)
Hi Guys

Just wandered what your thoughts were on the remastered old albums like 7800 and New Jersey etc, are they worth buying? is the quality of the audio a lot better than the standard discs

Thanks

Up to Keep The Faith there's a huge difference, there aren't that many differences on the remasters for Cross Road and These Days.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bonbevan 01-22-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 966540)
Aloha !

Up to Keep The Faith there's a huge difference, there aren't that many differences on the remasters for Cross Road and These Days.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thanks for the response, HMV are doing them for £4.99 in the sale so ill pick the first 4 albums up, be nice to here 7800 etc with improved audio

danfan 01-22-2010 01:27 PM

I don't recall Crossroad even getting a remaster.

Always (and still does) pissed me off that Blaze of Glory never got a remaster.

bonjovi90 01-22-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 966546)

Not only you. I love that record big time!!!

Dave 1986 01-22-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 966546)

The international versions Cross Road were definitely remastered. Don't think it ever was in the US though.

jungleland 01-22-2010 05:56 PM

Anyone got the Dual Disc with the 5.1 Mix of SWW? Are there really new remixes on it ?

Simon 01-22-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 966540)
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Do you really hear a difference on Crossroad and These Days? Because I don't. On the albums before it's pretty obvious like you said and the remasters are great, but TD is just a con if you ask me. I was comparing the levels (loudness), and it's just the same master I would say. I mean, it sounded perfect already.

danfan 01-22-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 966561)
Anyone got the Dual Disc with the 5.1 Mix of SWW? Are there really new remixes on it ?

Yeah, there are some differences. Nothing worth paying money for though. Some songs are a few seconds longer in the chorus and there are some added effects to some songs that add nothing.

Iceman 01-22-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 966561)

Yes, it's worth the money. The remixes are done really good and there's a lot of stuff that wasn't on the original. Like the acoustic intro to Never Say Goodbye.

Ice