Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   gay rockkers ? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37375)

anas_jovi 10-05-2006 01:53 AM

gay rockkers ?

freddie mercury .. george michael.....my question ... if someone in a band is a gay .. does it matters...in the reputation of the band.....do the fans who ae not gay .. they dont listen to those bands...?

i feel .. music matters first...if the music is rockin...than no matter what... i will listen to tht band....

so urs?

The Northern Cowboy 10-05-2006 02:01 AM

It doesn't matter at all to me. I find it stupid if someone doesn't like a band's music anymore because the lead singer is gay. It's about the MUSIC, people!!

jovigirloz 10-05-2006 04:50 AM

Some of the best musicians are gay.
I don't care what their sexual orientation is. If I love the music that is all that matters.

spunkywho 10-05-2006 07:35 AM

The whole 'gay' thing pisses me off.

Why bring it up? Why think about it? Why discuss it? Why evaluate it? Why have an opinion on it?

Does it matter to you if an artist prefers blondes or brunettes? Big or small boobs? Should that be discussed? Should that be pointed out? Will it influence you any which way? Do you have an opinion on that?

allmike 10-05-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho

Why bring it up? Why think about it? Why discuss it? Why evaluate it? Why have an opinion on it?

Does it matter to you if an artist prefers blondes or brunettes? Big or small boobs? Should that be discussed? Should that be pointed out? Will it influence you any which way? Do you have an opinion on that?

Thats say it all...

Neurotica80 10-05-2006 12:36 PM

Well Robbie Williams obviously feels it will affect his career.....

windy miller 10-05-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho

I agree too!...it's just not an issue.

CDHEAVEN 10-05-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Well Robbie Williams obviously feels it will affect his career.....

Well said, he won't come out cause everybody will see sense and not buy his crap music!!

andy_ash 10-05-2006 07:56 PM

i watched a programme recently about freddie mercury and it said that after queen released "i want to break free" in the USA it damaged their record sales over there dramatically, so i think sexuality used to have an affect but not any more. i personally couldn't give a toss what lights people's candle.

TheseDays2005 10-05-2006 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_ash
i watched a programme recently about freddie mercury and it said that after queen released "i want to break free" in the USA it damaged their record sales over there dramatically, so i think sexuality used to have an affect but not any more. i personally couldn't give a toss what lights people's candle.

Don't forget this happened in the USA where the acceptance of homo-sexual people was accepted very late for a western-county

Anyway, nowadays its a whole different time.
But I can imagine it would influence a few when it's get out long after that person is famous & people always thought he or she was hetero