Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Eveline 10-28-2018 02:22 PM

"I'm pretty. Now kiss my ass!"

It's unbelivable, yet it's a fact. The guy does he wants and his massive following just gasp in awe. There's no way any falling-out is just one person's fault. No way in heaven or hell. Just f***in' no! Not buying that, Jonny.

semigoodlooking 10-28-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1246191)
"I'm pretty. Now kiss my ass!"

It's unbelivable, yet it's a fact. The guy does he wants and his massive following just gasp in awe. There's no way any falling-out is just one person's fault. No way in heaven or hell. Just f***in' no! Not buying that, Jonny.

Of course he does what he wants, that's what being the owner of a business allows (within legal frameworks of course). It amazes me that people don't get that this was always Jon's show and always his path that was being taken. Level headed people on here seem to be in complete denial about that even now.

Richie was always an employee. Employees can be highliy contributing members, supporting, and yes, even friends, but still an employee. I have no doubt Jon and Richie were good friends and maybe even the "brothers" they sold themselves as. All the while, there was never any doubt within the organization of who was boss.

Those relationships can and do change and that's clearly what happened here.

There should be little doubt that Jon helped Richie out of the door. Heading back to the documentary we can see Richie and David were more upset with the situation in the band than they ever hinted at before. Heck, David basically said he is only in the band for the money. The last 10 years of Bon Jovi have been largely turgid and if Richie was a dissenter then the relationship may have broken.

Of course, that's speculation and sure that's what a place like this is for. However, if we just take the facts that are out there and known, it does not really look good for Richie.
  • He heavily contributed to the crap Bon Jovi has turned out this century.
  • Jon was there for him through several documented episodes. Richie has never denied this to be true.
  • Richie decided to leave the band in a cowardly manner. I mean, at least have the balls to call Jon up and say **** you. If that's too harsh, he decided to leave without notice.
  • Richie offered a frankly terrible excuse that he needed to spend more time with his daughter.

Anything beyond those points (and maybe some I have forgotten) is just people picking a side.

Back to speculation, again, it seems obvious that Jon must have helped Richie on his way. Still, the facts we do know about suggest either way, Richie was the architect of his own downfall.

And now some wild speculation. This all occured at a time when the two went through some drastic changes. Richie stopped being content with being a cool aging rockstar and had some kind of latter-mid-life crisis, which I think is ongoing. Jon stopped being content with being a cool aging rockstar and decided to turn it all in and become a regular 55-year old guy.

Jon's change is obviously more respectable on the surface, but is just as damaging as Richie's to the look and feel of a rock band. Basically, they both went to opposite ends of the spectrum so perhaps it's no surprise the relationship broke.

Thinny 10-28-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1246193)
I have no doubt Jon and Richie were good friends and maybe even the "brothers" they sold themselves as.

Honestly, in my opinion, I doubt that they were barely even friends, late alone "brothers". Unlike, Tyler/Perry, Jagger/Richards, etc, they just hid it from the media as that's what Bon Jovi do. What we see and get told is what they want us to believe...Richie has stated that his disagreements with the way the band was being run go back as far as 7800...Jon likes yes men that agree with everything he says (like Shanks), not people that oppose his decisions...

Jon's comments since Richie's departure has just enforced that to me.

As you say, they are just completely opposite people, yes moreso now than ever, but it's always been the case...

Rdkopper 10-28-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1246194)
Honestly, in my opinion, I doubt that they were barely even friends, late alone "brothers". Unlike, Tyler/Perry, Jagger/Richards, etc, they just hid it from the media as that's what Bon Jovi do. What we see and get told is what they want us to believe...Richie has stated that his disagreements with the way the band was being run go back as far as 7800...Jon likes yes men that agree with everything he says (like Shanks), not people that oppose his decisions...

Jon's comments since Richie's departure has just enforced that to me.

As you say, they are just completely opposite people, yes moreso now than ever, but it's always been the case...

Nah, way too many videos prove otherwise... you can't fake that...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thinny 10-28-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1246197)
Nah, way too many videos prove otherwise... you can't fake that...

:rolleyes:

Eveline 10-28-2018 07:59 PM

No way they could fake their brotherhood. Too much hurt here. When Alec was fired, Jon just naturally moved on. When Richie left on his own bc he just couldn't find it rewarding in any way, Jon felt the blow to his ego so personally as if his own wife abandoned him. You don't do such things to your family, yet shit happens, and it never happens without a reason or overnight. So yeah, all those excuses and reasons are just a tip of an iceberg and the iceberg that sank the f****g Titanic itself. Just a big sh*tty Bermuda Triangle.

WhamATC 10-28-2018 09:24 PM

I don't think Jon is over Richie yet, fully. He even performed Sympathy in KTF, etc too after the HoF performance. Maybe it's the due to award itself, I don't know.

Eveline 10-28-2018 10:56 PM

Yeah, talked to a friend today about that and we both agreed it's the case. Strangely enough, it's sort of relief, too.

DestinationJovi 10-29-2018 01:34 AM

New interview with Jon, where he outright says Richie's "habits" are why he didn't show up that day.

I really can't believe after all this time and after so much writing on the wall that some still actually think Richie quit at 3:00 on a show day because he didn't like the musical direction of the band anymore. Give me a break.

He's an addict. His addictions are the reason he didn't show up. Wake up.

Rdkopper 10-29-2018 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1246222)
New interview with Jon, where he outright says Richie's "habits" are why he didn't show up that day.

I really can't believe after all this time and after so much writing on the wall that some still actually think Richie quit at 3:00 on a show day because he didn't like the musical direction of the band anymore. Give me a break.

He's an addict. His addictions are the reason he didn't show up. Wake up.

That's the video that sparked all this... But YES!!! The End!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk