Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

YOVANAfromPeru 01-01-2019 02:48 AM

Feliz Año Nuevo!
And no one is negative here... they all are just weirdos! LOL

Thinny 01-01-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1249862)
Tomorrow will be 2019 and y’all are STILL arguing about why Richie is no longer in the band. Does anyone consider that there’s a correlation between the consistent negativity and continuing circular conversations about this topic and the lack of Dry County member participation in discussions?

Just a thought. Do with it whatever you want... which will probably be to still be arguing in circles in 2020.

Happy New Year. Really, do something to make yourself happy. You’re the only one who can.

For a lot of people his absence is still the biggest problem with current Bon Jovi. It will never not be discussed in these circles. If people don't want to read about it they can just scroll on by...

Happy New Year all....

ksanova 01-01-2019 12:01 PM

Happy New Year community !!!!:D:D
Prospero Año Nuevo!!!

Alphavictim 01-01-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1249862)
Does anyone consider that there’s a correlation between the consistent negativity and continuing circular conversations about this topic and the lack of Dry County member participation in discussions?

This board has been super critical from the get go. Message boards have been dying ever since social media took off, plus two of the most active members on here are incredibly annoying. I have no idea what happened to the "alternative" message board that took off when this one had begun having advertisements that contained malware, but that whole episode (and sheer practice!) sure didn't help either. It's a testament to the stuborness and dedication of some of the members here that this is still ongoing after this, to be quite honest. Oh, and one of these members was banned (I forgot for what even).

And yeah, happy new year!

liljovi93 01-01-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249868)
This board has been super critical from the get go. Message boards have been dying ever since social media took off, plus two of the most active members on here are incredibly annoying. I have no idea what happened to the "alternative" message board that took off when this one had begun having advertisements that contained malware, but that whole episode (and sheer practice!) sure didn't help either. It's a testament to the stuborness and dedication of some of the members here that this is still ongoing after this, to be quite honest. Oh, and one of these members was banned (I forgot for what even).

People have left the board for various reasons

1. Decline in the band.
2. Constant off topic threads (this is how this is going)
3. You can't say anything positive without getting abuse back.
4. Members (and not just the two) constantly going off track, abusive etc... Without any punishment.
5. Richie is gone.

It will be ten years on and we will still be wondering why Richie left. Of course we will. It's going to sound cheesy but he had an impact on our lives. I think he's a bell but I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thinny 01-01-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249868)

yeah If I was a casual user and didn't have any adblock software, one visit here an the adds would put me off ever coming back....

totally agree on the social media point!

FinnishFan 01-01-2019 05:19 PM

Richie Sambora - One Night of Peace

I don't remember seeing a pro-shot video of this before, and I just love this! You can also clearly hear the influence of the co-writer Bruce Foster, who is playing the piano. I wish we could get more this kind of songs, and also hear them on the road...

Alphavictim 01-01-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnishFan (Post 1249871)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vRpctRvOso

Richie Sambora - One Night of Peace

I don't remember seeing a pro-shot video of this before, and I just love this! You can also clearly hear the influence of the co-writer Bruce Foster, who is playing the piano. I wish we could get more this kind of songs, and also hear them on the road...

...the song was written in 1995. What is Richie talking about here?

JackieBlue 01-01-2019 07:27 PM

Kinda hard to show that declining participation was caused by negativity and circular conversations when negativity has always been here, and among the ones who still post, those discussions are the most active. It might be easier to show that the biggest decline started shortly after it was clear Richie wouldn't be back, before it became a "circular conversation," and before the negativity resumed. Maybe those who left figured that, with Richie gone and Jon's attention focused on the NFL, the Bon Jovi they knew was history.

As said, the Richie discussions may never end; but I can almost guarantee it won't happen until the leader of the band sets the example. As long as Jon and David keep talking about Richie, the fans are going to follow suit.

Case in point, the Delray podcast was one of the most interesting interviews I've ever heard with David. He covered a wide range of topics I'd never heard discussed in such detail. I'm still amazed that only 12 people were interested enough to comment on it. Of the 23 posts, 5 were about the interview in general. Only 5 mentioned anything David said that wasn't about Richie. The remaining 13 were related to what David said about why Richie isn't in the band, which totaled less than 5 minutes of the interview. The other hour and 40 minutes were virtually ignored.

So as difficult as it may be for some to accept, it's possible that not everyone thinks the band is "new and improved" or were eager, as it seems a few were, to replace Richie and move on.

liljovi93 01-01-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1249873)
Kinda hard to show that declining participation was caused by negativity and circular conversations when negativity has always been here, and among the ones who still post, those discussions are the most active. It might be easier to show that the biggest decline started shortly after it was clear Richie wouldn't be back, before it became a "circular conversation," and before the negativity resumed. Maybe those who left figured that, with Richie gone and Jon's attention focused on the NFL, the Bon Jovi they knew was history.

As said, the Richie discussions may never end; but I can almost guarantee it won't happen until the leader of the band sets the example. As long as Jon and David keep talking about Richie, the fans are going to follow suit.

Case in point, the Delray podcast was one of the most interesting interviews I've ever heard with David. He covered a wide range of topics I'd never heard discussed in such detail. I'm still amazed that only 12 people were interested enough to comment on it. Of the 23 posts, 5 were about the interview in general. Only 5 mentioned anything David said that wasn't about Richie. The remaining 13 were related to what David said about why Richie isn't in the band, which totaled less than 5 minutes of the interview. The other hour and 40 minutes were virtually ignored.

So as difficult as it may be for some to accept, it's possible that not everyone thinks the band is "new and improved" or were eager, as it seems a few were, to replace Richie and move on.

I know a few people on here who don't post because of the negativity. Negativity is everywhere but sometimes it gets worse...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk