Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

JackieBlue 08-04-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1243721)
"When I quit, I didnīt plan on returning." conflicts with him trying to get back in and Jon not letting him doesn't it?

I think that would depend on when he actually quit and why.

In their coverage of the CBS Sports story about Jon wanting to buy the Bill's, ESPN said:

Quote:

[...Ken] Sunshine disputed another portion of the CBSSports.com report, which cited unidentified music industry sources as saying Bon Jovi's pursuit of a team was likely connected to the dismissal of the band's longtime lead guitarist, Richie Sambora, in April [2013]...Last week, Sambora told TMZ that he's been in contact with Bon Jovi and indicated he is open to rejoining the band.
"Last week" in this case would have been the week of Nov 17, 2013. According to Jon and Phil-X, Richie didn't officially quit until Nov of 2014, iirc.

Faceman 08-04-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243722)
I don't think he'll even rejoin Bon Jovi as a full time member but I think he'll join a few shows for the right amount of money...

I don't think such an agreement ever will happen.

How should this work out? Although I don't believe in it but let's assume his presence will help the ticket sales...if he only returns for certain shows it will piss off the audiences from the other shows where he doesn't play with the band even more.
How is the band supposed to explain the fans that on leg "X" Richie is with them but the audience on leg "Y" has to be pleased with some hired-gun?
That would destroy any credibility the band has left.

He either has to rejoin the band fulltime or he is out. Something in between won't work.

Rdkopper 08-04-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1243724)
I don't think such an agreement ever will happen.

How should this work out? Although I don't believe in it but let's assume his presence will help the ticket sales...if he only returns for certain shows it will piss off the audiences from the other shows where he doesn't play with the band even more.
How is the band supposed to explain the fans that on leg "X" Richie is with them but the audience on leg "Y" has to be pleased with some hired-gun?
That would destroy any credibility the band has left.

He either has to rejoin the band fulltime or he is out. Something in between won't work.

That's a pretty good point...

I don't think Jon is one for labels either...like 'the reunion tour'

That's kinda why I was going in the compilation direction... Jon could work it into the promotion. 'Richie is going to come and help out play some older material from lost songs'

However we could speculate all we want. At the end of day, this is who Bon Jovi is now and I think Jon's pride is bigger than money (as much as most might disagree)... The minute Richie comes back to help fill seats, is the day Richie wins.. I agree, it'll never happen that way....

Every time someone said Jon will never be able to do X again, he does... He'll figure out Europe even if he needs stronger opening acts or whatever...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 08-04-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1243719)
... f*ck Richie...

Sorry. I'm just being honest.

Based on some of his more recent comments, I think Richie has reached the point where the feeling is mutual. He said there's a backstory that he won't discuss because he has more class than that. If former fans refuse to even consider that there could be more to it than we know, and have so little faith in him that they believe he would have done what he did without a very good reason, then **** 'em.

Quite frankly, I don't blame him. If that's the way you feel, you're free to move on down the road. If that grudge you're carrying gets too cumbersome, maybe you'll drop it somewhere along the way. If not, that's your choice. You're the one hauling it around, not Richie.

rolo_tomachi 08-04-2018 07:48 PM

I just waiting what will be the next step. I hope it is a solo album. And it don't take another 5 years, I hope it's something that comes soon. That would be my wish about Richie.

Back with Bon Jovi? nah, I think that is not the time yet, they will be reunited in 2023 with a new album, 10 years after the drama, and will travel to Europe and other countries in 2024 coinciding with the 40th anniversary.

I see that more plausible.

Rdkopper 08-04-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1243729)
Based on some of his more recent comments, I think Richie has reached the point where the feeling is mutual. He said there's a backstory that he won't discuss because he has more class than that. If former fans refuse to even consider that there could be more to it than we know, and have so little faith in him that they believe he would have done what he did without a very good reason, then **** 'em.

Quite frankly, I don't blame him. If that's the way you feel, you're free to move on down the road. If that grudge you're carrying gets too cumbersome, maybe you'll drop it somewhere along the way. If not, that's your choice. You're the one hauling it around, not Richie.

Until Jon reaches out to Richie, he's going to continue with the 'I don't regret any decision' hoopla...

They were all buddy buddy at the RNRHOF but I seriously doubt there's been any communication since... No reason for it at this point...

Richie is probably waiting for the call from Jon and probably thought he would have gotten it by now... That's why he keeps calling it an imitation bla bla bla...

Sorry Richie, but I don't think that call is coming any time soon buddy!!!

Captain_jovi 08-04-2018 08:32 PM

So when it was demanded we have a thread strictly about Richie now that RSO is done is this why? So we can go around in circles. One side's "Richie is in shambles and the call ain't coming" and the other's "read between the lines". I thought this was going to be for new information, not the usual pile-on?

JackieBlue 08-04-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1243733)
...I thought this was going to be for new information, not the usual pile-on?

Why on earth would you think that?

:rofl:

Rdkopper 08-04-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1243733)
So when it was demanded we have a thread strictly about Richie now that RSO is done is this why? So we can go around in circles. One side's "Richie is in shambles and the call ain't coming" and the other's "read between the lines". I thought this was going to be for new information, not the usual pile-on?

This is more about Richie in general... the other was about a new release that just happen to take four years...

JackieBlue 08-04-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243732)
Until Jon reaches out to Richie, he's going to continue with the 'I don't regret any decision' hoopla...

Sorry Richie, but I don't think that call is coming any time soon buddy!!!

Of course he says that. And maybe it's true. Or perhaps it isn't. But either way, would you respond any differently if you were in his shoes?

I doubt that Richie's waiting on a phone call that isn't coming any time soon. Not because I necessarily believe that Jon's going to call, but because I'm pretty sure that Richie knows the situation better than we do. And he knows Jon better than we do. And if chances are slim that he's gonna get call, then Richie probably accepted that fact a long time ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243732)
That's why he keeps calling it an imitation bla bla bla...

What do you mean "keeps on calling it an imitation"? The only time I remember Richie saying anything remotely similar to that was when he said fans wanted the real thing. And that was once, in 2013. Maybe I missed it, but as far as I know, in the past few years, he hasn't even commented on the current band beyond what he said in Rock Candy.