Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sirius 2020 songs and stream (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70783)

rolo_tomachi 11-29-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1270696)
i agree with most of the fellow jovi talkers. phil x looks bored, he obviously didnt came up with the parts with the exception of the bd solo so he probably feels distant to the music and it shows..
shanks is more than decent guitar player, he is just not looking the part, but in an audio recording shanks fits the songs way way better.
in a way i believe its for the best that phil x cant truly fit and after all these years since Richie left to have a genuine second vrs. maybe jon didnt let him truly participate, maybe he didnt bring to the table what was needed but the end result is phil x looks like a hired gun who is there to give some rock flavour in the solos but doesnt trully fit there imo.
i truly enjoyed the film, have seen it 2 times by now and i ll keep watching it, some great moments in there.

I have also seen this film several times, it may not be Jon's best performance, but there is something about it that is nice. I like this new album a lot more than THINFS, its songs are stronger. Story Of Love live sounds pretty cool, American Reckoning and Unbroken have grown on me since I saw this performances on the film.

brunorc21 11-29-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1270698)
It is obvious that there are keys prerecorded.
I dont see anything extrange on it.
Where is the keyboardist on U2 or in the Rolling Stones?
I have played many shows with my band without a bass player when he let us down,with the bass prerecorded.

It's strange because Bon Jovi have a keyboard player.

The bands you mentioned have a "ghost" keyboard player.

Captain_jovi 11-29-2020 03:35 PM

I disagree that the keys are pre-recorded. Some of the snyth pads are triggered, yeah, but you can physically see Greg hit notes and he doesn't play a ton like David.

String/pad samples, absolutely, pre-recorded keyboards, not so sure.

bonjovi90 11-29-2020 04:18 PM

It's also very well possible that some was added in post-production.

Xavi 11-30-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brunorc21 (Post 1270703)
It's strange because Bon Jovi have a keyboard player.

The bands you mentioned have a "ghost" keyboard player.

Bon Jovi have a keyboard player who couldnt go to play on that show.
Havent you know it yet?

Xavi 11-30-2020 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofrem (Post 1270699)
Chuck Leavell is playing keyboard/piano/organ for Rolling Stones. On Ron Woods side on stage. Played with them since 82 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt know it.
Thanks!

brunorc21 11-30-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1270725)
Havent you know it yet?

The original one.

But they had another keyboard player there.

Haven't you know it yet?

Rdkopper 12-01-2020 05:20 AM

Here is just another terrible decision made by whoever...

I'm not sure if anyone is listening to Bon Jovi radio but every 5 songs or so is a random song by an artist that Jon likes...

Jon mentioned that he liked Harry Styles in some random interview somewhere, so they now play random Harry Styles songs through out the day. Same with Prince and a few others...

WTF!!! If someone is listening to Bon Jovi Radio, they want to hear songs by Bon Jovi. Not a bunch of other shitty songs from other artists... Terrible decision...

Between band albums, solo albums, demos, live takes, they could have made this massive...

Now Jason Isabell - what've I done to help is playing... I have no desire to listen to this garabge on Bon Jovi radio

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Johny 12-01-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1270725)
Havent you know it yet?

The point is they have a keyboardist. Not the original one but a substitute who plays the acoustic guitar or mandolin along two guitar players already. This is not the type of music that needs three guitar players. Or if it were that necessary, Jon could play the rhythm and the keyboard player could play the keyboards.
I didn't realize he might use the pedals to play some of the synths. Then it's quite possible that he triggers them along playing the guitar.
As much as it was interesting seeing a multiinstrumentalist with them, I'd love to hear the version with David.

Captain_jovi 12-01-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1270772)
The point is they have a keyboardist. Not the original one but a substitute who plays the acoustic guitar or mandolin along two guitar players already. This is not the type of music that needs three guitar players. Or if it were that necessary, Jon could play the rhythm and the keyboard player could play the keyboards.
I didn't realize he might use the pedals to play some of the synths. Then it's quite possible that he triggers them along playing the guitar.
As much as it was interesting seeing a multiinstrumentalist with them, I'd love to hear the version with David.

Agreed. In the context of Jon wanting to focus on singing the new songs, I'm sort of okay with it? On tour though? Naw, not needed unless it forced Jon to actually move around (fat chance).