Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   System of a Down's "Mesmerize" OUT TODAY!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=30435)

RyanBounce04 05-17-2005 11:11 PM

System of a Down's "Mesmerize" OUT TODAY!!

I have had it for awhile now on my computer, but it's awesome... The packaging is backwards because there's a surprise later in the year that has to do with the packaging. The album is heavy and funky and it kicks a lot of ass!!

Ryan

Mongoose 05-18-2005 04:12 PM

oh good

Kev 05-18-2005 09:10 PM

Ryan, its actually pretty good! Im listening to it now. Its a bit too heavy for me really, but I like it. I am downloading Toxicity as we speak as well, coz I think I may know quite a few tracks from that one :)

spunkywho 05-18-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
I am downloading Toxicity as we speak as well, coz I think I may know quite a few tracks from that one :)

It really has only one good track on it.

The singers voice is getting on my nerves and all songs sound the same.

RyanBounce04 05-18-2005 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
I am downloading Toxicity as we speak as well, coz I think I may know quite a few tracks from that one :)

Eh, I disagree on the fact that all the songs sound the same. They are all just the same style and that's what they do. Aerials, Chop Suey, Deer Dance, Toxicity, are all great songs!

Ryan

Kev 05-18-2005 09:49 PM

LOL> Ryan just stole my post :mad:

I was gonna mention exactly the same songs then as well. That was quite freaky actually. I definately like these albums, but theyre not a bad I would go and see perform in concert.

DevilsSon 05-19-2005 10:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev

What is the good song?!!

A crapy album that ruined what was supposed to be a great vacation in the mountains. Somehow it was the last CD we had. And that "When Angels deserve to die" song just makes go crazy. I hope I'll never ever have to listen to SOAD. Kerry King and Tom Araya should have thought them how real METAL is beingt made...

Bon Jovidudes#2 05-19-2005 08:18 PM

I liked it a lot, came out last friday over here. Less screaming than the previous album :P

RyanBounce04 05-20-2005 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev

What is the good song?!!

A crapy album that ruined what was supposed to be a great vacation in the mountains. Somehow it was the last CD we had. And that "When Angels deserve to die" song just makes go crazy. I hope I'll never ever have to listen to SOAD. Kerry King and Tom Araya should have thought them how real METAL is beingt made...

Dude, metal is metal... Like it or not... There is no "REAL" metal...

Ryan

spunkywho 05-20-2005 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev

What is the good song?!!...

chop suey - and I mean good for it being a System of the Down song.

Metal? I had no idea it was classed metal, thinking about it, not sure what genre it would belong to, but metal isn't exactly what I think of when listening to SOAD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bon Jovidudes#2
I liked it a lot, came out last friday over here. Less screaming than the previous album :P

less screaming you say? Then there actually is a possibility this one is better than the rest. :)

jess 05-24-2005 10:08 AM

I don't understand all this about Mesmerize :? even in France ?

Why is it so good ?

Because of the lyrics apparently ?

RyanBounce04 05-24-2005 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess
I don't understand all this about Mesmerize :? even in France ?

Why is it so good ?

Because of the lyrics apparently ?

They have such cool lyrics... But that's not the half of it.... Take it this way.... They are a funky, heavy metal band with class and harmony. They write funny lyrics, with loud, fast instruments...

Ryan

jess 05-25-2005 12:03 PM

ok, i must give it another try then and see it like that.

Maybe because from i heard from french who like them is just that they see this band as "rebels" and lyrics against war etc .... well i can't tell much because i don't know enough :wink:

RyanBounce04 05-25-2005 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess
ok, i must give it another try then and see it like that.

Maybe because from i heard from french who like them is just that they see this band as "rebels" and lyrics against war etc .... well i can't tell much because i don't know enough :wink:

The band is Armenian... (Think that's how you spell it)... They have a lot of lyrics that refer to the Geonocide. System of a Down is against war completely... B.Y.O.B... is an example... Just listen to certain parts... Serj belts out lines.. "Why don't presidents fight the war, why do we always send the poor.." Obviously, that's refering to Bush and the relationship to the wealthy and how Bush takes care of the wealthy, but the poor are treated like dirt... It's interesting stuff!

Ryan

jess 05-25-2005 05:25 PM

I see Ryan, didn't know all this. Now i can try another approach :)

Captain Walrus 05-29-2005 12:51 AM

On first listen, I'd say that its absolutely mental, but in a pretty good way :D

Excerpt of the lyrics from Cigaro:
"My cock is much bigger than yours, my cock can walk right through the door"

RyanBounce04 05-29-2005 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
On first listen, I'd say that its absolutely mental, but in a pretty good way :D

Excerpt of the lyrics from Cigaro:
"My **** is much bigger than yours, my **** can walk right through the door"

My shit stinks much better than yours!

Ryan