Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Alice Cooper Live (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48319)

Captain Walrus 05-26-2009 01:45 PM

I don't see why he wouldn't do any of the theatrics. How small is the venue? Both times I've seen him has been in the Brighton Centre, which has a capacity of about 5000, and its been the full show

KeepTheFaith2211 05-26-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 922557)
I don't see why he wouldn't do any of the theatrics. How small is the venue? Both times I've seen him has been in the Brighton Centre, which has a capacity of about 5000, and its been the full show

Newcastle City Hall - holds around 2,000 people.

My brother says he probably will do it but I''m just not going to get my hopes up. :p

Goldsausage 05-27-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 922564)
Newcastle City Hall - holds around 2,000 people.

My brother says he probably will do it but I''m just not going to get my hopes up. :p

Because you won't answer me in the other thread (don't turn a blind eye on me, kid), I'll ask here where there is no escape.

Does the Newcastle City Hall have a standing area at the front of the stage or is it completely seated? Thank you in advance :)

*puts a fist up just to scare David* Grrr.

Chica Guacamole 05-27-2009 11:18 PM

My friend went to see him a few years back at the SECC in Glasgow- she said that there was screens at that show, and also that she got squirted by fake blood by the man himself. So I'm guessing that it means it was the full show :p

Considering going to one of the shows, but my budget may not be able to strech that far- I have to start saving my money now :(

Goldsausage 05-27-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 922911)
Considering going to one of the shows, but my budget may not be able to strech that far- I have to start saving my money now :(

I'm still paying my parents off for the £60 Springsteen ticket and tommorow I'm gonna ask if I can borrow more money for an Alice Cooper ticket. I don't think I should ever get a credit card.

And I'm thinking about getting "blood seats" cos being squirted with blood does sound awesome! But then I'd have to get there extra early and somehow push my way to the front :/

Chica Guacamole 05-27-2009 11:26 PM

To be honest, depending on the venue, you may not have to get there super-early to get near the front. The last few gigs that I've been to at the Exhibition Centre in Aberdeen I've gotten there about an hour or so after the doors have opened and managed to get pretty near the barrier. You just have to seize oppurtunities, not drink and not be afraid to use your elbows :p

JerseyboyUK 05-28-2009 01:03 AM

I saw Alice Cooper a few years ago at the NEC and was massively disappointed. His 'theatrics' were really poor, cheesy, and plain boring. No crowd interaction at all, and a band that looked like they'd rather be anywhere else but there. And his voice is shot.

Approach with caution.

Panda 05-28-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK (Post 922946)
I saw Alice Cooper a few years ago at the NEC and was massively disappointed. His 'theatrics' were really poor, cheesy, and plain boring. No crowd interaction at all, and a band that looked like they'd rather be anywhere else but there. And his voice is shot.

Approach with caution.

your just a big bowl full of hapiness now, are you?

JerseyboyUK 05-28-2009 05:56 PM

I am yeah, generally. What's your point?

I wasted £35 on a terrible Alice Cooper concert, this does not make me happy.

KeepTheFaith2211 05-28-2009 07:39 PM

Oli - Newcastle City Hall has no standing area, it's all seated. The tickets me and my brothers got are the balcony. :)