Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Captain_jovi 08-02-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1243660)
They didn't tour Europe because Jon's voice is f*cked up with which he barely can satisfy a arena and there's no way he'd make it through European stadiums..

Aren't they doing other stadiums though? If you can do one, you can do the other if it's actually about the voice.

Faceman 08-02-2018 10:03 PM

It was better than what we expected. Not more, not less.
And it wasn't for all 5 shows in SA.
They played 32 songs in total with an average of 23,2 songs per show with Always being the one-time highlight. A European show is rated bad if it's less than two and a half hours (25-26 songs) and Always isn't considered that much of a rarity.

steel_horse75 08-02-2018 10:14 PM

Richie Sambora!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1243645)
Trust me in the UK and Europe it would make a difference. Particularly in the UK we tend to care about the band as a whole and not just the singer...

Agree with this . Richie would be a huge pull in Europe.
That’s not to say USA crowds and everyone wouldn’t want him back either but Jovi aren’t as big anymore in UK. Richie coming back would help sell out arenas.

bonjovi90 08-02-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1243665)
It was better than what we expected. Not more, not less.
And it wasn't for all 5 shows in SA.
They played 32 songs in total with an average of 23,2 songs per show with Always being the one-time highlight. A European show is rated bad if it's less than two and a half hours (25-26 songs) and Always isn't considered that much of a rarity.

Agreed. South America was okay, especially Rock in Rio and Sao Paulo. But even that was far off what was an average performance in Europe in the summer of 2013. And even in those two shows, there were about 5 good performances and a lot of below-average ones.
It was the crowd's energy that lifted them above the standard-2017/18 levels. South American crowds are just extraordinary when it comes to this (and I envy them for that).

SadieLady 08-02-2018 10:58 PM

I guess the question is would Jon book shows in Europe that aren't in stadiums and would Europeans go to them? Although the magic escapes me, some fans do really love stadium shows and Jon has always wanted to play the biggest or newest venues.
Originally Phil some time ago had answered a fan by saying that booking Australian shows didn't work out economically. Now that tour is happening. I wonder if feelers have been put out for a European tour and they are crunching the numbers for what would work (Jon vs the promoters).
As I said, I have no interest in a Bon Jovi show without Richie but then I am someone who could overlook or not notice some missed notes. However, even I noticed some really bad interactions between Richie and Jon in some shows which led this forum to ponder how real or how fake the so-called brotherhood really was. It would be painful to see that type of show and given Richie's decline, it could happen if he returned. And if Richie came back and left or was fired, the fans would be unforgiving of Bon Jovi and it would wreck whatever tour they were on.

Eveline 08-02-2018 11:04 PM

It's all about taking the risk. But as Richie's tattoo says: Who Dares Wins. In the end, we regret things we didn't do.

Thinny 08-02-2018 11:19 PM

Honestly, we all know that neither Jon or Richie are what they used to be, there's no denying it. But regardless there is still something so damn special about those two on stage together!

Eveline 08-02-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1243672)
Honestly, we all know that neither Jon or Richie are what they used to be, there's no denying it. But regardless there is still something so damn special about those two on stage together!

The truest of truths, man!

JoviForever 08-02-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1243645)
Trust me in the UK and Europe it would make a difference. Particularly in the UK we tend to care about the band as a whole and not just the singer...

Other than die hards most people in the uk couldn’t even name the guitarist!

Rdkopper 08-02-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1243674)
Other than die hards most people in the uk couldn’t even name the guitarist!

Is that with any band though???

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk