Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bounce Demos in HD (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70803)

Dave 1986 01-28-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1272019)
Speaking of which... is Another Reason To Believe better than No Regrets, or is it vice versa?

That's a matter of opinion. My opinion is "Another Reason To Believe" is better.

Captain_jovi 01-28-2021 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1272019)
Speaking of which... is Another Reason To Believe better than No Regrets, or is it vice versa?

I prefer ARTB. I never got into NR, it always had a weak chorus to me. Energy is fantastic but it suffers from the lie/cry/die rhyming scheme so prevalent in that time period. Whereas I find ARTB almost perfect to me.

jimmyjovi89 01-28-2021 09:39 AM

I definitely think Another Reason to Believe for me, it’s a great song and a killer guitar solo. If all of these great songs were left of Bounce I wonder what was left off The Circle and Wan.

Alphavictim 01-28-2021 01:41 PM

Both due to how Shanks works (and how involved he is in the writing) and the changing music industry (singles were no longer much of a thing), there's considerably less demos and B-sides come The Circle. We know of This Is Love, This is Life (at that point called This AIN'T...) and Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning.

Captain_jovi 01-28-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1272036)
Both due to how Shanks works (and how involved he is in the writing) and the changing music industry (singles were no longer much of a thing), there's considerably less demos and B-sides come The Circle. We know of This Is Love, This is Life (at that point called This AIN'T...) and Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning.

If that torrent is to be believed there's another four or five songs that were worked on.

GabrielC 01-29-2021 06:36 AM

In the release video from The Circle, Richie said they recorded 28 songs. Of course we can't believe Richie with numbers, but it's a lot more than the 14 released.

Captain_jovi 01-29-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1272076)
In the release video from The Circle, Richie said they recorded 28 songs. Of course we can't believe Richie with numbers, but it's a lot more than the 14 released.

That number would line up with the torrent. It had 19 songs so those were probably the ones that got to the mixing and mastering stage.

I wonder if some of the remainder wound up on Burning Bridges. Though it'd be a little suspicious since this is the only album Richie co-wrote every song.

Jovi98 01-29-2021 03:15 PM

For me also Who Would You Die For could be an outtake from TC era.

Captain_jovi 01-29-2021 03:33 PM

It's so fishy how much they recorded for the album to get zero bonus tracks in that era, zero digital-only releases, zero b-sides. Compounded with Richie co-writing every song on the album makes me wonder if he wrote all the other ones they recorded to or it was just a bizarre coincidence.

Nige 01-29-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1272036)

It's been a while since I mentioned it so...we also know about an outtake from TC called Just Like A Princess.