Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New Music on the way! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70152)

rolo_tomachi 02-26-2018 06:23 PM

It's good, but I think it would be more representative if we saw images of each decade, past and present. It is the ideal song to do this kind of montage.

Xavi 02-26-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1234983)
It's good, but I think it would be more representative if we saw images of each decade, past and present. It is the ideal song to do this kind of montage.

I agree 100%

Mawi 02-26-2018 07:39 PM

groover22 02-26-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1234918)
http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/bSUZ4WP3/file.html

Isolated the vocals, he's singing "those days were not to last forever". However, it can be mistaken for the above mentioned since the compressor seems to make the two t letters sound like an "s".

According to Bon Jovi's Facebook page, it's 'those days when night's would last forever..'

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

jovifan93 02-26-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groover22 (Post 1234994)
According to Bon Jovi's Facebook page, it's 'those days when night's would last forever..'

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Yup, it's legit. "Writing every page together, those days when nights would last forever, diamonds in the rough...#WhenWeWereUS". Makes a whole lot more sense, too, though Jon should probably work on his pronounciation, or Shanks on his compressors ;-)

symbeline 02-26-2018 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now it makes sense! I actually heard "my eyes" instead of "our eyes" and "riding every page" but since it didn't make sense I knew it was just the autotune. And the those days... sounded like a mangled not.

That's defo the compression on his voice because that didn't happened before. It's one thing to mishear a lyric but to listen knowingly and still not being able to understand it...

On a related note

Adam D 02-27-2018 01:01 AM

I just came here to leave the correct lyrics and I was beaten to it.

I knew it wasn't "Those days where not to last forever."

Glad to finally know what the correct lyric is and also that I'm not going insane.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Bounce7800 02-27-2018 12:26 PM

Subtle reminder that I was the only one who had the lyrics right :cool:

bonjovi90 02-27-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1235039)
Subtle reminder that I was the only one who had the lyrics right :cool:

Well, you can hardly blame the rest of us for Jon's horrific pronounciation these days :p

jovifan93 02-27-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1235022)
I just came here to leave the correct lyrics and I was beaten to it.

I knew it wasn't "Those days where not to last forever."

Glad to finally know what the correct lyric is and also that I'm not going insane.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Problem is that most people, especially who hear it on the radio (haha, yes, I know ;-)) will not know and will probably also hear "were not to last forever" and go "WTF?"...

BTW, I also heard "my eyes" - is it really "our eyes"? Strange production... I can only imagine what Shanks is doing to the vocals, since I'm able to produce crystal clear vocals with a 30 EUR microphone and a laptop with a DAW. So there must be some serious processing going on for Jon to sound the way he does, for better or worse. For example on THINFS it's almost (no, I'm certain) like the rasp is being simulated by distorting his voice (makign it too loud and let it clip or something like that). It's the first record where on different speakers and volume levels, the vocals sound either pretty good or totally doctored with. That was the case to some degree with WAN as well, but not as noticeable...