Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New Music on the way! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70152)

VinceBJ 12-13-2017 06:06 PM

From Billboard.com

What kind of conversations has there been among the band members about the induction?

We've been rehearsing the last couple of days. We get together in order to write, record and stay fresh, so it happened the guys were in town the last few days and we're in the studio today finishing these couple of tracks that we're gonna put out next month. So we had a couple of nights to just give each other a hug and high-five and say amen. So it was cool, and I'll see 'em all again today.

So talk about the new songs you mentioned?

I started the process again and didn't have a full album -- maybe five (songs) where usually I have 35. So I picked two that were appropriate. One is called "When We Were Us," which is obviously about the band, a big ol' anthemic (song) and I think a great lyric that tells our story. And the other one is called "Walls," which is obvious what it's about, but because of the crazy world in which we live it's taken a little while to process and put some of it into lyric. So this is just a taste of that kind of thing. I felt like if I give one from column A and one from column B it would be a fair representation of some new material to accompany the forthcoming shows. They'll be out I think the very beginning of January, as soon as everybody comes back from the Christmas break. We're mixing them this weekend.

Captain_jovi 12-15-2017 04:16 AM

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/j...ed-1202639725/

"The story isn’t over. Bon Jovi is already in rehearsals gearing up for a 2018 tour, and two new songs are ready to be released as part of a re-release of 2016’s No. 1 album, “This House Is Not for Sale.” One song, “Walls,” represents what is going on in the country."

Mystery solved.

jon-flp 12-15-2017 11:24 AM

They really gonna re-release an album that's only one year old???

Enviado de meu LG-M250 usando Tapatalk

Walleris 12-15-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1231667)
They really gonna re-release an album that's only one year old???

It's actually quite common these days. Singers put out a single that's not on original album version, but then re-release the album with that new song to create some new momentum.

Maroon 5 has done that (Moves Like Jagger), OneRepublic has done that (Love Runs Out), Shawn Mendes did it recently (There's Nothing Holding Me Back) and I'm sure many others.

One of the reasons why 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. singles do worse commercially than the lead single (for all artists 95% of the time), is because the later singles aren't new (meaning they're already on the album). Doing a new single with album re-release solve that problem and then can re-boost album sales at the same time.

I don't think that will help much in Bon Jovi case (single-wise they've long been a dead act), but I guess that's what the promotional strategy is.

jon-flp 12-15-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1231671)
It's actually quite common these days. Singers put out a single that's not on original album version, but then re-release the album with that new song to create some new momentum.

Maroon 5 has done that (Moves Like Jagger), OneRepublic has done that (Love Runs Out), Shawn Mendes did it recently (There's Nothing Holding Me Back) and I'm sure many others.

One of the reasons why 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. singles do worse commercially than the lead single (for all artists 95% of the time), is because the later singles aren't new (meaning they're already on the album). Doing a new single with album re-release solve that problem and then can re-boost album sales at the same time.

I don't think that will help much in Bon Jovi case (single-wise they've long been a dead act), but I guess that's what the promotional strategy is.

Thanks for the explanation Walleris.

But it would be only a digital re-release right?

Because a phisical re-release doesn't sound as a good strategy for me.

Alphavictim 12-15-2017 05:51 PM

It's good business but it's shady business because you pretty much punish the fans who buy on release. Oh well, there's always downloading.

Captain_jovi 12-15-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1231704)
It's good business but it's shady business because you pretty much punish the fans who buy on release. Oh well, there's always downloading.

Thankfully that amount is pretty low and tend to buy anything the band puts out regardless.

TheOriginalJez 12-17-2017 12:45 AM

That is really nothing new, it's been going on for decades across all genres. Any way to flog a dead horse. It's all about making money at the end of it folks.

It feels kinda like TC-GH to me though, with the tour going through the middle and only a couple of new songs that probably won't get played. That was a good tour though...

rolo_tomachi 12-17-2017 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez (Post 1231791)
That is really nothing new, it's been going on for decades across all genres. Any way to flog a dead horse. It's all about making money at the end of it folks.

It feels kinda like TC-GH to me though, with the tour going through the middle and only a couple of new songs that probably won't get played. That was a good tour though...

And One Wild Night Album. Remember One Wild Night 2001 version? It served as a promotion for the entire European tour.

Captain_jovi 12-17-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez (Post 1231791)

True, then again What Do You Got, No Apologies and More things change got tons of performances, This is love a single time.