Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New Music on the way! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70152)

Supersonic 01-21-2018 10:33 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1233355)
Jon tried to do something different with Stand Up Guy and his fans said it was shit.

That's because it is shit. Just because it's not similar to the usual mediocrity he's releasing doesn't mean it's suddenly better.

Quote:

He brings out shit records and his fans keep saying its the best thing since TD until after a year or so after the record's out. Now, the majority of his fans are saying 'When we were US' is great too... he listens to his fans and keeps writing the same rubbish.

Jon's not listening to the fans. Jon listens to whatever sells and what he feels comfortable with. You're making it look like Jon's actually wondering as to what the fans will think. He doesn't care, it's why the albums sound so mediocre nowadays. Besides, what fans is he supposed to listen to? The ones that feel the band is dead? The ones that instantly like everything? You can't cater towards an audience that has so many different opinions or ideas as to what makes a good song. Besides, most fans haven't got a clue as to how Jon creates music, it'd be pretty hard to take someone from the Bon Jovi Facebook page seriously anyway and I'm sure Jon knows it too.

Quote:

Going back to his 'rock roots'? How? With the voice he has, nice written acoustic music is the only real way forward, and neither him nor his fans should be ashamed about it...rock stars age, it's great when they age gracefully �� (Sorry about refering to BJ as 'him, his', but it seems to me like it's been a one man show+ Shanks for quite a few years now��)

The idea that Jon doing an acoustic album would suddenly mean he's capable of singing it is a myth. Just listen to the acoustic shows he does for those Fanclub trips. Destination Anywhere's the most dangerous song in the set and thus he can barely sing it right. He's flat, nasal and has to shout the words, hence the song choices being so safe and dull. Playing your songs on nothing but an acoustic showcases your vocal incapabilities a lot more than doing it with a band just so you can hide behind the wall of sound.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Rdkopper 01-21-2018 11:55 PM

John Shanks is the new Richie... He's comfortable with him as a writer, musician, producer, and just someone he can trust overall... At this point in Jon's career including age and lacking abilities, I don't think Jon is willing to take any chances on change...

Part of the reason why Jon introduces him the way he does on tour, by naming all the albums he's been apart of, is because he wants fans to know that he's just not some new guy on stage... He's been here for a while now and like him or not, he's here to stay...

Phil is just the cool stage presence guy there to play all Richie's parts... He's an 80's guitar player and there to play all the old hits... I'm not a guitar player but I know he's respected in the rock circle... I've seen some interviews like the one Nikki Sixx show and yeah, he's definitely known and respected...

In summary, Phil is the old Richie and Shanks is the new one...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Alphavictim 01-21-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1233356)
The idea that Jon doing an acoustic album would suddenly mean he's capable of singing it is a myth. Just listen to the acoustic shows he does for those Fanclub trips. Destination Anywhere's the most dangerous song in the set and thus he can barely sing it right. He's flat, nasal and has to shout the words, hence the song choices being so safe and dull. Playing your songs on nothing but an acoustic showcases your vocal incapabilities a lot more than doing it with a band just so you can hide behind the wall of sound.

It would require the songs to be written less around shouty hooks and more about building atmosphere and conveying emotions. Leonard Cohen didn't have much of a chance singing LOAP during his final years, yet he managed to churn out some pretty damn fine tunes.

It's called playing to one's strengths. Jon sounds a lot better in his lower register, has some rasp intact there, has more control over his voice (= better able to deliver little turns and add little details), but feels the need to write songs based around the same structure he always has; i.e. the chorus jumps up in range and all that.

Of course, this only holds true if they do an accoustic RECORD. Just touring in an accoustic setting or re-doing the songs that way... we've had that before. Didn't work.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-22-2018 12:07 AM

Hmmm I think people has no good ear/no good taste lol, I mean FOR ME: When We Were Us is not THAT good at all and all the new Richie songs sucks except Masterpiece; I also think women buy their tickets TO SEE Jon Bon Jovi lol, I also think people buy their albums only for the collection >_< jajaj or for support them because they love the band for the old music, and I think a looot of things I would say right in the face of JBJ anytime if he asks my opinion! anyway I think he knows it and he knows his business, that’s why he includes a THINFS album with every ticket...
I’m a big fan but I’m no gonna lie myself, never!
and if they don’t go to Europe is obviously because the record company is not investing, these days money means a lot, even more than before, I hope they make good choices and not only money choices like they did with the “precio amigo”

and before anyone say to me something, I clearly say FOR ME and I’m still care music; the rest can think whatever they want

P.S. I don’t like THINFS album, I really like Knockout and House only
Music could be better with more time... but time is money hihih
let’s see the setlist on the acoustic gig on February...

7800Fahrenheit 01-22-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1230979)
Maybe it's another rarities album? a double album with a lot of unrreleased songs of the last 30 years would be incredible.

Hey man, 100,000,000 bonjovi fans can't be wrong.

Becky 01-22-2018 01:51 AM

Phil said on Twitter that he DID play on the new songs.

bonjovi90 01-22-2018 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1233367)
Phil said on Twitter that he DID play on the new songs.

Didn't he already play on What Do You Got? as well? No one would've guessed so either.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

NicoRourke 01-22-2018 08:42 AM

What frustrates me the most with the new material since WAN is the laziness.
Listening to WWWU, I hear the intro of BOB, parts of Pictures of You etc. and then the lyrics:

how can he be serious singing the following, it's so dumb it's painful. If you're going to use imagery / metaphors then at least try to do it with a bit more effort.

Every time you climb that mountain
There’s another one left to climb

and how many times have they used the yesterday/tomorrow thingy...

Don’t go looking for tomorrow
Leaving yesterday behind

It's a textbook BJ 3'30'' song and I'm tired of it.

symbeline 01-22-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoRourke (Post 1233375)
What frustrates me the most with the new material since WAN is the laziness.
Listening to WWWU, I hear the intro of BOB, parts of Pictures of You etc. and then the lyrics:

how can he be serious singing the following, it's so dumb it's painful. If you're going to use imagery / metaphors then at least try to do it with a bit more effort.

Every time you climb that mountain
There’s another one left to climb

and how many times have they used the yesterday/tomorrow thingy...

Don’t go looking for tomorrow
Leaving yesterday behind

It's a textbook BJ 3'30'' song and I'm tired of it.

Don't you know that Jon has trademarked "Climbing a mountain/ladder"?

rolo_tomachi 01-22-2018 11:25 AM

So I see it from a time, this band is already done, so everything new they take out is a bonus. By the way, knowing the state of Jon and the band, when do you think he will release material from the vault? There is a lot to discover. That would be more interesting than the new music, remember 100 million... box set, there were a lot of songs that I had never heard before.