Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2018 / 2019 European Tour rumors (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70086)

JackieBlue 01-11-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1232449)
So Jon's change of heart about summer stadium must have referred to the summer of 2018, not 2017...

That's the way I took it when I first heard it. He said "this summer" which usually refers to "this coming summer". Like "this Friday" would be tomorrow, not last week. But after reading everybody else's interpretation, I thought maybe I had misunderstood.

prayer_84 01-11-2018 02:56 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that this new second NA leg should have been preceded by a first EU leg? It makes little sense to come back to some of the markets less than a year after playing them while dismissing Europe for the 5th year in a row. I've just had a discussion about it with a friend who is also a die-hard fan and we've come to the conclusion that European promoters may no longer be willing to pay the fee Jon demands, especially given the current quality of the live shows as opposed to the previous tours.

Thinny 01-11-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1232455)
I've just had a discussion about it with a friend who is also a die-hard fan and we've come to the conclusion that European promoters may no longer be willing to pay the fee Jon demands, especially given the current quality of the live shows as opposed to the previous tours.

They are without a doubt being offered less than they were a few years ago, either in terms of money or number of/size of shows, as the demand is not as strong as it used to be. I'm sure that that factors into it. I doubt it has much to do with the quality of performance, most promoters would be clueless about this.

LarryBJ 01-11-2018 03:27 PM

So no Europe at all for 2018 as well?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-J320FN μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Becky 01-11-2018 03:29 PM

Or those dates will be announced later. They did South America last fall. Maybe Europe is in the works for this fall.

Walleris 01-11-2018 04:48 PM

I guess Jon does not enough have enough balls to showcass that terrible voice of his in front of demanding European audiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thierry 01-11-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1232460)
I guess Jon does not enough have enough balls to showcass that terrible voice of his in front of demanding European audiences.

Lol. You might be on to something. I have a feeling though that they’ll be in Europe this fall.

Bounce7800 01-11-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232458)
Or those dates will be announced later. They did South America last fall. Maybe Europe is in the works for this fall.

Well they'd need to announce them soon. Saying in an interview you're doing 30 dates then announcing almost 30 in the states, it's no wonder people are assuming it's not happening. Plus there's plenty of arena shows on sale into next year so they need to pull their fingers out.

Xavi 01-11-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232458)

This is what I think it will happen

Xavi 01-11-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1232460)

Yeah,he had not enough balls in 1987 to showcass his terrible voice too.....