Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Good news for me (kinda Jovi related) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=4989)

JoviGirl 01-04-2003 07:57 AM

Good news for me (kinda Jovi related)

Hey!
I hope you all had an excellent Holiday! I have been out of the loop here and trying to catch up. But I wanted to sare my good news.

Last night, I was with some friends at a karaoke bar. The DJ is a pal and it's a cozy hangout. So this guy walks in who looks all important and he's talking with the DJ. Then the DJ comes to me and tells me "this guy is a record label scout, what song do you think is really powerful for you?" So now I am instantly nervous! I figure it had to be a Jovi song. They rock the best and I know them all by heart. So the guy is watching me, I am so afraid of screwing up it's ridiculous, and I performed "Runaway". Afterwards, he came up to me, told me he really liked my voice, wanted my website info, etc. The DJ came back and told me, "he's going to call you, I know it!" So I wanted to scream for joy! Just maybe this is my break! And I wanted to share it with you all. So if I ever get signed, I'll just say I owe it to Jovi and they don't even know it. Damn, how I love this band. ;)

Mongoose 01-04-2003 08:09 AM

I demand a free tshirt and CD

JoviGirl 01-04-2003 08:11 AM

I demand flowers and a strip tease.

Mongoose 01-04-2003 08:17 AM

:twisted:

hellmanfrommars 01-04-2003 08:21 AM

I'll drive the Tour Bus!

Mongoose 01-04-2003 08:45 AM

:D

jess 01-04-2003 11:26 AM

don't forget me Naomie !!!
( i keep my finger crossed for you !)

Mike 01-04-2003 12:17 PM

Lol - In 20 years time, we're all gonna by discussing how your eighth studio album is maybe too ballad orientated & why u aren't changing your set list more.

:lol: :D

Goose is gonna have a huge fixation on u & Walrus will be obsessed with your lead guitarist :)

Mike

Sambora_Laura 01-04-2003 01:23 PM

Naomi!
Congratulations!

Hope it all goes well, and if he doesn't call you then he's probably the same sort of fool that told the Beatles guitar music was dead and he couldn't sign them!

But one thing...

HANDS OFF MY GOOSE AND WALRUS!

You'll have your pick of the music industry now, so be warned...I'm not the sharing type... :wink:

:D Good luck dude!

Love
Laura
________
Starcraft 2 replays

Joverl 01-04-2003 01:28 PM

Good Luck, Naomi!! And please keep us informed!

KTF
Betty :D

Dan 01-04-2003 01:30 PM

Hey,
Well done Naomi!!!!!
You are very talented + deserve it!

Captain Walrus 01-04-2003 01:44 PM

Nice one :D MAke sure you don't forget 'ickle old England when you're thinking of places to release your music, and send me a picture of your lead guitarist right away! :wink:

Keep On Rockin'

Mongoose 01-04-2003 06:30 PM

erk she hasnt got any pictures of me :shock:

joviromeo 01-04-2003 06:37 PM

Way to go Naomi, that is brill news. Can you keep us posted as to the outcome and do you need anyone to help with your packing for the first tour? lol

sorded_bare_feet_club 01-04-2003 07:53 PM

good luck girl, stay in touch and tell us how it goes :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi:

choclady 01-04-2003 08:26 PM

hey naomi thats great!!!! keep on rocking girl :D wish you all the luck in the world. but make sure you give all of us a private concert one day! :wink:

Sambora_Laura 01-04-2003 08:36 PM

Mongoose!
Walrus!

Well, there you go- goes to show just how fickle men are. One minute they're at your beck and call, the next, they're begging at someone else's table...

Naomi, I hope you can handle these oodles of men flocking to your every need now you're famous!!!!!!

lol!

Love
laura
________
Nevada dispensaries

Mongoose 01-04-2003 09:04 PM

you can be one of the lead guitarists (me) groupies :D

Sambora_Laura 01-04-2003 09:16 PM

How about YOU can be the groupie, I'LL be the guitarist!

Come on Naomi, you know it makes sense!

Love
Laura

*does the twiddly bit from Wanted on her green guitar, just to prove her point*
________
Mercedes 35 hp

Becky 01-04-2003 11:11 PM

That is AWESOME! I hope he does call you! Good luck!!!

Becky

JoviGirl 01-05-2003 06:06 AM

Thanks you guys! I'll let you know what happens. Hope I don't get my hopes up for nothing.

Laura - I think if you're wearing what your avatar wears, the fans will love you. :) Goose what will you be wearing on stage?

JoviGirl 01-05-2003 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike
Lol - In 20 years time, we're all gonna by discussing how your eighth studio album is maybe too ballad orientated & why u aren't changing your set list more.

:lol: :D

Goose is gonna have a huge fixation on u & Walrus will be obsessed with your lead guitarist :)

Mike

LMAO! Because that is what we do best. Walrus will be a Laura groupie, and she will have her hands full with that AND Goose-handling.

walter 01-05-2003 08:37 AM

they have Runaway at karaoke? great! can't except it in france... I don't know if they even have a ballad to sing

iwan_rasta 01-05-2003 12:34 PM

That's great,Naomi...cheers! :wink:

JoviGirl 01-06-2003 11:09 AM

Thanks everyone! I haven't heard from him yet though. Waiting....

yes Runaway is out for karaoke here. You can probably find all kinds of karaoke versions for Bon jovi on Kazaa or WinMX.