Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Songs infected by violin crap (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=43456)

Ferret 11-13-2007 02:17 PM

Songs infected by violin crap

Let's draw up a list of non LH songs that have been given a bit of 'help' by Lorenza Ponce's violin. So far I've got:

Blaze Of Glory
Wild In The Streets
These Days
Wanted Dead Or Alive
Living In Sin
Blood On Blood
Right Side Of Wrong
Bed Of Roses
Shout
________
Amber trichomes

TheseDays2005 11-13-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 784859)
Let's draw up a list of non LH songs that have been given a bit of 'help' by Lorenza Ponce's violin. So far I've got:

Blaze Of Glory
Wild In The Streets
These Days
Wanted Dead Or Alive
Living In Sin
Blood On Blood
Right Side Of Wrong
Bed Of Roses
Shout

BLOOD ON BLOOD? WANTED??? Jesus ****ing christ! sorry i mean, what the ****???

Living_on_my_Hair 11-13-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 784859)

Blaze Of Glory
Wild In The Streets
These Days
Wanted Dead Or Alive
Living In Sin
Blood On Blood
Right Side Of Wrong
Bed Of Roses
Shout

Well, is she not there for the whole set? Which means thats its burried in the mix on every song....

andi

Ferret 11-13-2007 02:33 PM

Nah, she's not on the whole set, she's just on for LH songs and those ones that I've listed.

And, i know this is off topic, but where's your quote about Richie from (yes, i know it's from Q) specifically?
________
Honda Challenge Specifications

Mr Bluesman 11-13-2007 02:59 PM

She pretty much ruined the solo in These Days.

Supersonic 11-13-2007 05:29 PM

Aloha !

I'll Be There For You sung by Jon included violins too.

All those violins in the standard songs are there to "country" it up, but it failed miserably because adding violins to a song like Wild In The Streets doesn't make it sound like a country song, or country rock or whatever you want to call it. It just makes it sound shit.

I'm not against violins in a song, but they shouldn't sound like they don't belong there, which they do for all those songs.

Metallica S&M, Clapton 24 nights and I'm sure there are more examples of how rock songs with violins can still sound great. Just one violist doing her pathetic thing isn't one of those examples.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Myguitar 11-13-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 784929)
Aloha !

All those violins in the standard songs are there to "country" it up, but it failed miserably because adding violins to a song like Wild In The Streets doesn't make it sound like a country song, or country rock or whatever you want to call it. It just makes it sound shit.

I'm not against violins in a song, but they shouldn't sound like they don't belong there, which they do for all those songs.

Metallica S&M, Clapton 24 nights and I'm sure there are more examples of how rock songs with violins can still sound great. Just one violist doing her pathetic thing isn't one of those examples.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I hope someday she has to fiddle her way out of Chuck Norris' swift roundhouse!

This TRULY is a disgrace.... and I thought Metallica went overboard by making thier song crappy with a symphony, but leave it to Jovi to redefine the bottom of the bucket!

peace

Supersonic 11-13-2007 05:53 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 784938)
This TRULY is a disgrace.... and I thought Metallica went overboard by making thier song crappy with a symphony, but leave it to Jovi to redefine the bottom of the bucket!

peace

What Metallica did was not making their songs crappy. They asked one of the best orchestra's in the world to make real arrangements for their songs. What Bon Jovi is asking a few friends of them to play along and just do what they feel like would be nice, resulting in the shit we heard at the Prudential.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Ferret 11-13-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 784929)
Aloha !

*Throws up*
________
Chevrolet C/K

Thierry 11-13-2007 07:28 PM

Who Says You Can't Go Home is totally violin driven too. And even Radio Saved My Life Tonight too!