Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Interviewing Doc McGhee (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70741)

life_of_agony 09-01-2020 03:08 AM

Interviewing Doc McGhee

Howdy all!
I'm going to be interviewing Doc McGhee next week for my radio show. I'm pretty excited and am going to focus on Jovi a lot!
Let me know if there is anything you want asked and I'll see what I can do. If you are on facebook, go and give "Rock Hard with Phil and Tish" a like as the interview will be posted up there once completed and after we have played it on our show.
Cheers legends

mr_bluesman 09-01-2020 11:50 AM

Cool!!

1) Who made the decision to use Hugh McDonald on the early records? Jon, Bruce or collective? and was there ever a talk about firing Alec in the 80s?

2) How was it to magage Riche and Ori? What are your thoughts why they never really got anywhere as a musical duo?

3) Do you think Richie will come back on day?

Thanx for letting us participate! :)

Dicanio 09-01-2020 03:22 PM

This sounds awesome. really looking forward to hearing it.

Q: How late in the day was the idea for a NJ double album scrapped?

Q: What happened to the live album that was supposed to have been released from the NJ tour? Why was it binned.

Alphavictim 09-01-2020 03:29 PM

Considering the band parted ways with you after the NJ tour due to the stress levels, do you - looking back - feel more breaks would have been preferrable, or was it 100% the right move business wise to tour as heavily as they did?

Faceman 09-01-2020 04:08 PM

Does he have a soundboard or/and full video recording of Hammersmith in his own vaults and how much to release it? :D

Supersonic 09-01-2020 05:15 PM

Aloha !

You were blamed for nearly breaking up the band by planning too many shows. When looking at the dates for the New Jersey tour it's clear some breaks were supposed to take place. However, these were taken up by extra shows. Were these shows added without Jon/the band knowing or did Jon/the band have the final say before the shows actually went on sale?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 09-01-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1266588)
Aloha !

You were blamed for nearly breaking up the band by planning too many shows. When looking at the dates for the New Jersey tour it's clear some breaks were supposed to take place. However, these were taken up by extra shows. Were these shows added without Jon/the band knowing or did Jon/the band have the final say before the shows actually went on sale?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

A very clever question. I would like to know this story as Jon blames Richie for leaving the tour, arguing that he and the guys voted and got engaged despite not being happy about it.

It would be great, then add one more question depending on what you answer: Do you think Jon imitated your business model in the last decade with respect to cycles Album + extensive tours with more of 100 shows for year?
If one day McGhee was responsible for nearly killing the band, Jon definitely killed them for the same cause - the excess of Album cycles + long tours + Album without stopping.

steel_horse75 09-01-2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1266585)
This sounds awesome. really looking forward to hearing it.

Q: How late in the day was the idea for a NJ double album scrapped?

Q: What happened to the live album that was supposed to have been released from the NJ tour? Why was it binned.

You’ve read my mind!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 09-02-2020 11:41 AM

Q: Richie has stated that management came to them and asked if they'do be willing to do another 70 shows at the start of 1990. Is it true that the tour would've gone on to roughly 300 concerts, had the band agreed to this? And what was the reason for the string of Japanese dates roughly a year after the New Jersey tour had been over?

Q: David stated that the success and the pressure of late 80's lead to Jon "becoming introverted all of a sudden" (WWWB book). Did you notice his or other band member's personalities changing and was there a shift of dynamics in the band at that point already?

DryCounty 09-02-2020 03:27 PM

I’m interested in anything Alec related. There is so much unclearness regarding his role in Jovi and it rarely gets touched upon. I would imagine Doc has some inside information about what was actually going on behind the scenes with Alecs absence from albums and his relation to the rest of the band.