Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Retro Computer games (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=29488)

Tashjbj 02-19-2005 01:00 PM

I onlt ever really loved the Sierra games. King's Quest, Police Quest. But my all time favourite was Colonel's bequest!! That game rules!

Iceman 02-19-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tashjbj
But my all time favourite was Colonel's bequest!! That game rules!

It's one of the few adventure games I never finished... I don't know why, maybe I should try again.

And while we're on the subject, see how many you recognize:
http://ses.blog.hu/game/prog/index.pl

They're not all retro, but I got 36/40 on my first try.

Ice

Jim Bon Jovi 02-19-2005 04:52 PM

gah now i want to play monkey island ice :evil:

just out of curiosity. did anyone ever manage to finish a lucas arts game without any help from a guide whatsoever?

i reckon it was nigh on impossible. i always assumed it was just because i was younger but when i downloaded the indiana jones games it was even harder than i remember.

Iceman 02-19-2005 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
just out of curiosity. did anyone ever manage to finish a lucas arts game without any help from a guide whatsoever?

I finished both Indiana Joneses and Monkey Island 2 (the easy level) without any guides.

EDIT: And most of DOTT.

Ice

Jim Bon Jovi 02-19-2005 05:03 PM

when i did indy 3 again with the guides there was a bit in the castle i could never do n it was cos you had to pick up a suit and do a coupla things in a specific time and a very specific order n i never had a clue how anyone could work that out without some sort of pointer :?

what about maniac mansion? i swear i couldnt do that even with an official guide back in the day. i got to the very end and all i needed was to find a key that was in a room n i couldnt find it :cry: and with that you had to pick 3 specific people out of the 6 or 7 you could choose so if you didnt do that, you were ****ed right fromt he start

Iceman 02-19-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

when i did indy 3 again with the guides there was a bit in the castle i could never do n it was cos you had to pick up a suit and do a coupla things in a specific time and a very specific order n i never had a clue how anyone could work that out without some sort of pointer :?

Save and retry. :)

Quote:

what about maniac mansion? i swear i couldnt do that even with an official guide back in the day. i got to the very end and all i needed was to find a key that was in a room n i couldnt find it :cry: and with that you had to pick 3 specific people out of the 6 or 7 you could choose so if you didnt do that, you were **** right fromt he start
Yeah, I never finished that. The character-dependecy was stupid, but the game was great. I tried it without guides (like I always do) but I didn't get very far. The problems were pretty crazy, like you'd kill a flesh-eating plant by feeding it Coca Cola.

Ice

Jim Bon Jovi 02-19-2005 05:32 PM

in this thread so far we've had

the 2 indiana jones games
pirates
monkey island 1 n 2
mario
sonic
and a handful of other games I love and have a hard on to play again.

on the other hand the only games i can see myself wanting to get back into on my xbox in years are GTA and even that;s a push

anyone know if you can get sniper scope for the xbox? someone told me you can but ive never seen it :cry:

Bleeding Purist 02-19-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

in this thread so far we've had

the 2 indiana jones games
pirates
monkey island 1 n 2
mario
sonic
and a handful of other games I love and have a hard on to play again.

on the other hand the only games i can see myself wanting to get back into on my xbox in years are GTA and even that;s a push

anyone know if you can get sniper scope for the xbox? someone told me you can but ive never seen it :cry:

Ok, for XBox, try Silent Hill 2, Second Sight (just came out a few months ago, excellent storyline with a twist) and The Suffering (a horror shooter that is effective in engaging you emotionally, play it at night with the lights off if you can handle it. It hasn't gotten nearly enough recognition though a sequel is out late this year that picks up where the first left off and loads your first game data to set the moral theme.) I think there is not nearly enough adventure games put out for consoles because they are generally targetting a younger audience that has less appreciation for that style of gaming. For PC's you have quite range to choose from.

Iceman 02-19-2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist
For PC's you have quite range to choose from.

Not in the new games you don't. The only decent adventures out recently are Runaway and Syberia 2.

Ice

Dawn 02-20-2005 01:34 AM

I havent got time to read all these pages but my favourite game was bubble bobble, I loved that game.

I liked pacman to.

Dawn