Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Circle Era (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69513)

Javier 07-16-2020 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265613)

We can all agree Fast Cars is one :)

And that song is a national treasure at my lonely apartment :-)
But I'd take a guess and say he also doesn't think highly of learn to love, brokenpromiseland, bullet, live before you die, and thorn in my side. But that's my guess based on the lack of plays and attention they got around that tour and since....

Captain_jovi 07-16-2020 03:33 AM

If we're going by how many times X songs were performed since release:

We Weren't Born to Follow (369)
When We Were Beautiful (126)
Work for the Working Man (113)
Superman Tonight (98 )
Love's the Only Rule (63)
Happy Now (24)
Thorn in My Side (20)
Bullet (3)
Brokenpromiseland (1)

I really thought Bullet was done more than that but I guess not. So Learn to Love, Fast Cars, Live before you die were the 3 never done. I'd say those are included for sure.

mo_rizwan 07-16-2020 04:02 AM

Since I became a fan in 2005, this was one of my favourite eras.

I remember the first time I heard Brokenpromiseland and thinking, "WOW!" ... then a year later when I heard, "This Is Love, This Is Life"

Controversial opinion, but for me The Circle is my fave Bon Jovi album from this century.

Then came the Tour. I saw them 4 times at The O2 in 2010, and then at Hard Rock Calling the following year. Out of the 11 times that I've been fortunate to see this band (2006-2019) HRC 2011 was the BEST experience.

It's a shame we are where we are with this Band, but I'm truly grateful at some of the memories I've experienced, especially The Circle Era :)

YOVANAfromPeru 07-16-2020 05:30 AM

JBJ: "there's several on this record that I don't think they're very good. But, that's what happens with records you know you go back and you listen and you learn."
Hmmm...

steel_horse75 07-16-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1265631)
JBJ: "there's several on this record that I don't think they're very good. But, that's what happens with records you know you go back and you listen and you learn."
Hmmm...

Someone give him a copy of THINFS to listen to!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 07-16-2020 10:00 AM

The Circle Era

Circle isn’t a bad album but it isn’t great. I rarely listen to it from start to finish. I skip quite a few.
Born to follow - we had the debacle of no solo then Richie adding one.
The Shaalaas on Beautiful ruin a good effort.
Work for the working man is awful.

But....there’s some really good stuff on here like Thorn in my side, brokenpromiseland, fast cars, Loves the only rule and superman tonight.

Alphavictim 07-16-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265629)
I really thought Bullet was done more than that but I guess not. So Learn to Love, Fast Cars, Live before you die were the 3 never done. I'd say those are included for sure.

I really like Learn To Love. Live Before You Die and ESPECIALLY Fast Cars are terrible, though. Not a fan of When We Were Beautiful, either.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-16-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265632)
Someone give him a copy of THINFS to listen to!

My Top 3: Brokenpromiseland, Thorn In My Side and Superman Tonight.
After Lost Highway, it was indeed a "return to a Rock record", it was a nice return. I like this album. Right, so so different from THINFS.

Xavi 07-16-2020 01:51 PM

I have to agree with Jon.
Since the very first listening the day the album was released I didnt like it.
After all the years,its the album I less listen to,in fact,I cant remember when was the last time I did it.
Id only saved 3 songs from the album,WWWBeautiful,Thorn In My Side and Learn to Love.
Not only the bad production as you many had said,but the songs arent good and many of them are self plagiarism.
Born to Follow sounds similar to Born to be my baby,Working man same bass line to Prayer,Bullet same funky vibe to Faith,Learn to love,wich I like,is the first attemp prior to Amen to write a song similar to Hellellujah,Brokenpromised land and loves the only rule sound is very similar to Coldplay or even The Killers sound.
And then,you have Live Before You Die,Fast Cars and Working Man wich are ones of their worst songs ever.
Superman Tonight,wich is a fan favourite,as Jon says,I had never liked it,but is a personal taste,I admit is not a bad song.
In general,is their worst 2000s album,and,for me,their worst album ever.

THE LAST MAN STANDING 07-16-2020 07:42 PM

I was disappointed about what Jon said, didnt expected that, but anyway I still enjoy a lot with that record

This is the album I love the most next to HAND because of the album itself and all the experiences lived in the 2010-2011 Tour, which I think is the 2nd best tour after These Days Era.

I really like it except Learn to Love and Fast Cars.

My faves are LTOR, Happy Now, Brokenpromiseland and WWWB.

Great atmosphere, great modern sound and great tour.