Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   So you've ripped it............. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55116)

Rdkopper 03-07-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1113313)
Jesus, then get lost and go jerk off on the Bowie message board. Man, I get being negative about some things, but you don't like ANYTHING the band has done at all recently.

Good One DanFan!!!

One listen and they give up. Sometimes albums need to grow on people. You get accustomed to listening to one thing or you are expecting something else. I hated DA when it first came out. I wanted Blaze Of Glory 2. I put it away after one listen. Now it's one of my favorite albums.

If you're a die-hard fan of the band. You'll buy the album. Listen to it for an extended amount of time before giving up.

I'd bet that 90% of the people who complain around here don't even own the albums.

Yvonne 03-07-2013 05:56 PM

I'll be buying it on Monday, hopefully :cool:

Roll 03-07-2013 06:02 PM

Amazon's just sent my CD :cool:

SexxAtraxxion 03-07-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1113312)
In my opinion a die-hard should own at least every official release!

If Jon releases a CD titled "sounds of me shitting in the bathroom", I know who's gonna buy it ^

MrNickel 03-07-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1113312)
In my opinion a die-hard should own at least every official release!

How can someone say "I'm a die-hard but I only own 7 albums because the remaining 5 suck"? or "I'm a die-hard but my collection was downloaded illegally"?

There is also a fine line between stating an opinion on something you don't like and the constant harping on something you don't own.

If you listened to the album and don't like it, you absolutely have every right to state an opinion. However, there are people who download it illegally and make comments like they own it. I have a problem with credibility when it comes to someone stating something surrounding certain factors when they don't officially own the thing.

Maybe I'm old school but again, it comes down to Character!

I like the new album to a degree, but yours comments make no sense.

Theres fans on here who followed the band from before I was born and some of them don't like / own the new material. That doesn't make them any less of a fan. If they think the new album is crap, why would they waste their money on it ?

If I watch an illegal Bluray download of "The Dark Knight Rises", I can make as good a critique on its quality as the person who bought the disc, it doesn't matter if its right or wrong to download.

Blind love for the band no matter what they put out is just stupid.

ticos_stick 03-07-2013 07:29 PM

Another pole, yay :|

Rdkopper 03-07-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1113334)
I like the new album to a degree, but yours comments make no sense.

Theres fans on here who followed the band from before I was born and some of them don't like / own the new material. That doesn't make them any less of a fan. If they think the new album is crap, why would they waste their money on it ?

If I watch an illegal Bluray download of "The Dark Knight Rises", I can make as good a critique on its quality as the person who bought the disc, it doesn't matter if its right or wrong to download.

Blind love for the band no matter what they put out is just stupid.

The reason why you are a big die-hard fan is because you like most, if not all, of the material. So yes, it does make them less of a fan. A Bon Jovi fan from '84 to '95 is less of a fan from '84 to '13.

I never said that you need to like 100% of everything but you should own at least every official album, like it or not. If you don't like anything from 2000 forward and don't own anything you are no longer a fan as far as I'm concerned. You were a fan up until 2000 and are now just a fan of the older catalog. I would not consider that person a die-hard fan.

As far as your The Dark Knight Rises analogy goes, I never said that you can't make an opinion if you listen to the album.

I said that there is a fine line of an opinion verses someone who is always bitching and complaining about an album they don't own.

Bottom Line - There is no official definition of a Die-Hard Fan. But A true fan supports their band by owning every official release legally.

After 30 years, if this band gave me a bad release, I'm not going to turn my back on them because they gave me 29 other good ones. Once you no longer feel that way, you are no longer a die-hard fan.

Even If I hated WAN, I would still buy it because
A. I would be stealing it if I didn't
B. This is the only 1 purchase that I feel is necessary to support a band.
C. I want to give the album a chance
D. There are always highlights in each album and as a Die-Hard I still find it somewhat enjoyable

If you flat out hated the last 3 albums, you are no longer a current fan which makes you now longer a die-hard. If you think that they are just ok, you should own them.

Rdkopper 03-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1113329)
If Jon releases a CD titled "sounds of me shitting in the bathroom", I know who's gonna buy it ^

Realistically that would never happen and this might be one of the stupidest childish things I ever read here. It's a wonder why I stop posting.

WAN is not even close to "sounds of me shitting in the bathroom"

To get back to a realistic adult conversation, one of the 100 reasons why I'm a fan is becasue of Bon Jovi's consistency. They always deliver a decent to great product every time.

However I will make the one exception for Sexx Att, if a title does comes out "sounds of me shitting in the bathroom" you have my permission to not purchase that release without any ramifications.

MrNickel 03-07-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1113357)
The reason why you are a big die-hard fan is because you like most, if not all, of the material. So yes, it does make them less of a fan. A Bon Jovi fan from '84 to '95 is less of a fan from '84 to '13.

I never said that you need to like 100% of everything but you should own at least every official album, like it or not. If you don't like anything from 2000 forward and don't own anything you are no longer a fan as far as I'm concerned. You were a fan up until 2000 and are now just a fan of the older catalog. I would not consider that person a die-hard fan.

As far as your The Dark Knight Rises analogy goes, I never said that you can't make an opinion if you listen to the album.

I said that there is a fine line of an opinion verses someone who is always bitching and complaining about an album they don't own.

Bottom Line - There is no official definition of a Die-Hard Fan. But A true fan supports their band by owning every official release legally.

After 30 years, if this band gave me a bad release, I'm not going to turn my back on them because they gave me 29 other good ones. Once you no longer feel that way, you are no longer a die-hard fan.

Even If I hated WAN, I would still buy it because
A. I would be stealing it if I didn't
B. This is the only 1 purchase that I feel is necessary to support a band.
C. I want to give the album a chance
D. There are always highlights in each album and as a Die-Hard I still find it somewhat enjoyable

If you flat out hated the last 3 albums, you are no longer a current fan which makes you now longer a die-hard. If you think that they are just ok, you should own them.

These people who don't like the new stuff give the new stuff a chance and choose not to buy something they deem to be crap. These fans still follow the band and await a day they improve their quality. A die hard isn't someone who just goes with it, because they feel they're obligated to be loyal to the band. You don't need to be loyal to a group of millionaires +.

StoneDeaf 03-07-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1113315)
Are you seriously asking this question? You really need it spelled out...

The person who doesn't own a CD player wants to download the leaked version in shitty quality. My suggestion was to pay the 9.99 to get it in better quality from i-tunes

i-tunes, or any compressed source is shitty quality. Price doesn't make any difference. Seems like you needed it spelled out.