Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rate: Limitless (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70682)

Supersonic 02-20-2020 08:11 AM

Rate: Limitless

Aloha !

Right, the song has been released. Let's see what you think of it.

I think it's easily the worst debut single Bon Jovi have ever released. From copying the ideas of BrokenPromiseLand to the vocals that just won't take off to the lyrics with bland message number whatever. I'm sure Jon's mighty proud of the "subtle" changes in the verses but apart from that it's atrociously bad.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Johny 02-20-2020 08:23 AM

AAaah, I gave it 3 after the first listen. And I regret paying those 29CZK for it on iTunes because I wanted to have it. Could've just played in Spotify.

I need more listens but the chorus is a letdown, a bit whiny or I don't know.

I wonder what Phil X was doing in the studio.. coffee refills? The cover also sucks plus the fact that the standard version of the album has only 10 songs - first time after what 34 years?

angelsambo 02-20-2020 08:34 AM

it's not funny anymore the police should arrest jon an put him in jail

YOVANAfromPeru 02-20-2020 08:34 AM

I give it a 6.
Verses are better than the chorus.
No solo.
It's all about JBJ.
I hate Phil X so I'm okay, but Shanks could do some solo. Anyway 6 is fair. Not horrible and it's some rock.
I hope some dark song somewhere in that tracklist...
I like JBJ sunglasses.

Roll 02-20-2020 08:50 AM

Poor lyrics, poor guitar work, bland delivery. It's 2.

WILDJOVIMAN 02-20-2020 09:01 AM

7 out of 10... Yes i miss a solo from crazy Phil :-( , but i like the melodie Jon sings "on a nights like this, one Prayer one wish….."
7/10

WILDJOVIMAN 02-20-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1261692)
AAaah, I gave it 3 after the first listen. And I regret paying those 29CZK for it on iTunes because I wanted to have it. Could've just played in Spotify.

I need more listens but the chorus is a letdown, a bit whiny or I don't know.

I wonder what Phil X was doing in the studio.. coffee refills? The cover also sucks plus the fact that the standard version of the album has only 10 songs - first time after what 34 years?

where do you have this Information that there are only 10 Songs on "2020" ?

Thierry 02-20-2020 09:05 AM

Atrocious. Doctored piece of shit. Awful.

danfan 02-20-2020 09:13 AM

Typical post 2015 song. No guitar solo. Overuse of Jon saying Limitless. I mean, I don't expect anymore at this point. Jon is completely brainwashed by Shanks who couldn't produce his way out of a paper bag.

Bounce7800 02-20-2020 09:58 AM

6. Didn't mind the instrumental version, knew chucking Jon over the top would ruin it. Verses are ok, choruses are crap and could have done with a solo obvs. I was interested by the twinkling breakdown in the instrumental but it's ruined by whatever Jon is whining at the time so it loses the effect. Still sounds a bit compressed, thought that would just be the clip not the full song.

We're never getting another dry county or anything close, some listenable pop rock is the best to hope for. It's almost there, not unbroken at least .