Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon Bon Jovi - Feature in Forbes (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52961)

bounce442 05-21-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitterwine (Post 1051421)
He gave me the whole run down after 3 concerts, the 4th concert, I didn't let him go, lol. He was spending to much time paying attention to the robots and not having fun!

That is funny... and I meant no disrepect.

My original point was that it seemed to me that Bon Jovi invested more in their stage production than Springsteen.... right or wrong, love or hate it.

Can anyone that knows for sure, confirm whether or not the double sided, big screen that seperated and served as the main screen is the same from LH north america arena tour? ...not the ones Jon uses to dance on during WGIGO.

Crushgen24/88 05-21-2011 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1051422)

Can anyone that knows for sure, confirm whether or not the double sided, big screen that seperated and served as the main screen is the same from LH north america arena tour? ...not the ones Jon uses to dance on during WGIGO.

No, they weren't the same. They had a similar function, but they were different. I'll dig through some photos for you.

Mojave01 05-21-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1051412)
Sorry for the late reply... just got to Milwaukee!!!

Anyway, I wasn't saying it was right or wrong... i was just trying to compare their overhead in trying to justify ticket prices.

But come on... I had never seen anything like that before the LH tour (or the huge ass screen before HAND tour, or three huge ass satellites that turn into screens). I don't know if Bon Jovi NEEDS it or not but it does add to the show... a lot. All that being said, there is no reason as far as I can see to charge double or triple ticket prices on the current tour when it appears the technology is just left overs from the LH tour. Not other than the fact that "they can"

You got it right, they "can" so they do. All the tech gadgets and massive screens, etc.. add to the show, and they are cool and some people are impressed, blah, blah... so great! Do it, but don't justify the hike in prices because of the technology, specially when you are singing about hard times and the working man, because sound just too phony, wait till times are better and come out with all the belts and whistles, in the meantime people go to concerts for the music, so give them music at affordable prices.

bounce442 05-21-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1051423)
No, they weren't the same. They had a similar function, but they were different. I'll dig through some photos for you.

Crushgen... you are always so nice to everyone.... and well informed.

Thanks but no need send pictures. I have seen both shows a few times. I'll take your word for it. They are close but not identical... works for me.

Crushgen24/88 05-22-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1051460)
Crushgen... you are always so nice to everyone.... and well informed.

Thanks but no need send pictures. I have seen both shows a few times. I'll take your word for it. They are close but not identical... works for me.

Thanks.
Yeah, I have photos from basically the same seats behind the stage (MSG '08 and MSG '11) and they're definitely a totally different setup, just geared to do similar things at times.