Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Slippery When Wet (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69568)

Becky 07-12-2016 11:01 PM

Slippery When Wet

I'm going to see them Friday night in Jackson! (Knock on wood that nothing goes wrong.) This is the closest thing to a Bon Jovi concert Mississippi has had in 27 years. I got the VIP tickets so I could have reserved seating. They also come with a meet & greet. They were only $20.

Who has seen them--what did you think?

rocknation 07-13-2016 12:20 AM

If the new album doesn't take off, don't be surprised if Bon Jovi tribute bands become a cottage industry. They'll carry the double advantages of cheaper ticket prices and no guilt.
:rolleyes:

Becky 07-13-2016 12:42 AM

That in no way answered my question. Just another predictable negative swipe at the band.

rocknation 07-13-2016 04:22 AM

No negativity intended, especially if they already are so good they can offer meet and greets!

Becky 07-13-2016 04:28 AM

It comes with the reserved seating. Maybe they take requests at the M/G. If they do I might ask for something on the obscure side like Mystery Train, I Am, Beautiful World, or The Distance. I certainly hope they do more than the 80's stuff.

Rdkopper 07-13-2016 01:57 PM

I saw them a few times and they are just okay... they only do the classics (Plus IML and Who Says - nothing past the HAND album)... The guy has an okay voice, nothing special...

I saw the band in a bar after the show and they aren't even Bon Jovi fans which was a disappointment... I asked them what they thought about Burning Bridges and they had no clue it was even out...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

eddie73 07-13-2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1202466)
I'm going to see them Friday night in Jackson! (Knock on wood that nothing goes wrong.) This is the closest thing to a Bon Jovi concert Mississippi has had in 27 years. I got the VIP tickets so I could have reserved seating. They also come with a meet & greet. They were only $20.

Who has seen them--what did you think?

Why would you get a vip ticket with a meet n greet for a tribute band ?

Becky 07-14-2016 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1202490)
Why would you get a vip ticket with a meet n greet for a tribute band ?

I want RESERVED SEATING. I don't give a crap about the meet and greet. It just comes with the reserved seating. I'm NOT doing general admission/pit for anyone, not a tribute band, not even the REAL band.

Alphavictim 07-14-2016 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1202499)
I'm NOT doing general admission/pit for anyone, not a tribute band, not even the REAL band.

How come? About 95% of the shows I've been to had only that.

Becky 07-14-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1202503)
How come? About 95% of the shows I've been to had only that.

Well, if you must know, I have developed a chronic pain condition and--unlike just a few years ago when I could do 3 concerts 3 nights in a row and be at work the next morning--I can't even stand up for 2 full hours anymore. :( It's really changed my life.