Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What next for Bon Jovi as a live act? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70596)

Highlander2010 06-24-2019 09:15 AM

What next for Bon Jovi as a live act?

THINFS tour has just wrapped up the UK leg of operations and I think it's fair to say that those of us who attended one or more shows thoroughly enjoyed it however there is no denying that it's been a struggle for Jon.

My question is that although we have rumours flying around about a potential new album in the works how do we see the next chapter of Bon Jovi as a band unfolding once the remainder of the THINFS tour wraps up?

Do we see Bon Jovi hit the road again for another world tour? Assuming that Jon's struggles continue can he even deliver that anymore without completely changing even the most basic of staple songs/watering down setlists?

Will we see them in the UK again? Or will they just release a new album and do a few select live concerts to play the album in its entirety such as the Count Basie theatre performance and London Palladium etc?

This is in no way designed to be a post to start a flaming war about "Jon should retire" and "the band is done" rather an opportunity for everyone to post what they feel is going to happen next, what sort of time frames are we looking for on a new album and tour (if any)

KeepTheFaith2211 06-24-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlander2010 (Post 1256227)
THINFS tour has just wrapped up the UK leg of operations and I think it's fair to say that those of us who attended one or more shows thoroughly enjoyed it however there is no denying that it's been a struggle for Jon.

My question is that although we have rumours flying around about a potential new album in the works how do we see the next chapter of Bon Jovi as a band unfolding once the remainder of the THINFS tour wraps up?

Do we see Bon Jovi hit the road again for another world tour? Assuming that Jon's struggles continue can he even deliver that anymore without completely changing even the most basic of staple songs/watering down setlists?

Will we see them in the UK again? Or will they just release a new album and do a few select live concerts to play the album in its entirety such as the Count Basie theatre performance and London Palladium etc?

This is in no way designed to be a post to start a flaming war about "Jon should retire" and "the band is done" rather an opportunity for everyone to post what they feel is going to happen next, what sort of time frames are we looking for on a new album and tour (if any)

I’d like them to get Richie back but keep Phil X too. Say “we’ve had great fun but this is goodbye.”
Thank the fans, go on a nostalgia tour where they leave it out there every night and go back to playing different stuff spanning their career.
Not a chance in hell of it happening though.

WILDJOVIMAN 06-24-2019 09:41 AM

i think nothing will Chance, when everybody´s stays healthy Worldtour 2021/22

Thinny 06-24-2019 02:03 PM

I think they will continue to tour sporadically as they have since THINFS.

I think that maybe that was their last UK stadium tour, and next time they might opt for an Arena run.

Time will tell...

Tictoc 06-24-2019 03:37 PM

Lets not forget that they were selling 2 for 1 tickets for the the majority of the UK shows and Dublin had unlimited free ticket offers on.

The shows looked full but the promoters essentially "papered the room" to make things look better and might not be too keen on putting on further stadium shows.

I think now would be a good time to end. Tico is becoming an old man who is actually 70 (real age) and Jon is basically a wreck who jumps around and smiles into nothingness every now and again which apparently means he's still a great showman.

None of that matters to Jon though. He'll carry on as long as he can make a buck. I wouldn't be surprised to see another tour in 2 years with a new drummer and an even shorter setlist to offset Jon's vocal shit show.

richiefan95 06-24-2019 03:50 PM

If they continue they will have to make the shows much shorter. As mentioned it is really hard for Tico to get through a show and it would also help his voice.

The only thing that they could make another european tour to this standard is a big farewell tour with Richie. I guess at an farewell tour nobody would care how he sounds. The good attendance is down that they last played Europe six years ago. If he comes back in two years he would play in half empty arenas.

I think Jon should produce solo albums but to continue touring with this band is not a good idea I think.

bonjovi90 06-24-2019 05:40 PM

I'm not sure they'll be touring for much longer since it seems to be too taxing on Tico by now. That guy's hitting the 70s and has always had a very physical way of playing the drums. Not sure he can do it much longer.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

ticos_stick 06-24-2019 05:41 PM

The problem with Bon Jovi as a live act is that they're known for high energy performances with good levels of musicianship and singing.

Hugh could play his role well into his 80s because he just stands around and has a physically undemanding instrument. David could too, just with less jumping around at the keyboards.

The issues start to arise with Tico, who still has to play the drums hard and fast because the songs demand that style. If he came out on the next show and gave 50% the shows would crumble. Something has to give in this circumstance. Either shorter shows or a replacement which I'd hate to see.

Jon can't really sing anymore but he's refound some of his movement and stage presence that abandoned him in recent years. His voice pretty much goes at the end of sets which are considerably shorter than previous tours.

Richie coming back won't help any of those problems but could add an element of prestige to help ticket sales. I doubt it will happen though. As much as I love Richie it looks like booze is his no.1 career path.

The only way I can see things panning out favourably for the current line up on a tour 2-3 years from now are 1hr30m shows with bigger production values.

Thinny 06-24-2019 06:01 PM

Tico will retire. Jon won't think twice about touring with Tico.

ticos_stick 06-24-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1256251)
Tico will retire. Jon won't think twice about touring with Tico.

Do you mean that Jon won't think twice about touring without Tico?

I don't think it would stop Jon for a second. He's probably tampering with Tico's oxygen tank get him to retire early after his recent mistakes [emoji16]