Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Re-record Limitless? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70691)

bonboy25 03-20-2020 10:34 AM

Re-record Limitless?

Hi guys, dunno if anyone is interested, but I'm keen to come up with a "JoviTalk" version of Limitless. I'm using the studio instrumental, but need a guitarist to shred a wicked solo for me. Need to have a DAW of some kind to get a proper sound. Potentially looking for some vocalists to cover it too. I have a demo of the layout if anyone is interested.

For those wondering, I got rid (of most) of the twangy guitar parts and replaced it with (potenitally) catchier riff. And I got rid of that god awful bridge (vocally) The problem is I'm not very good at guitar, be great to have a proper guitarist!

Comment bellow if you're interested!

steel_horse75 03-20-2020 10:41 AM

Just tell me you are leaving out that bridge!

bonboy25 03-20-2020 10:43 AM

Its shortened and turns into the beginning of the solo, vocals are gone burgers!

rickysambo 03-20-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1262440)
Hi guys, dunno if anyone is interested, but I'm keen to come up with a "JoviTalk" version of Limitless. I'm using the studio instrumental, but need a guitarist to shred a wicked solo for me. Need to have a DAW of some kind to get a proper sound. Potentially looking for some vocalists to cover it too. I have a demo of the layout if anyone is interested.

For those wondering, I got rid (of most) of the twangy guitar parts and replaced it with (potenitally) catchier riff. And I got rid of that god awful bridge (vocally) The problem is I'm not very good at guitar, be great to have a proper guitarist!

Comment bellow if you're interested!

Sure, Guitar player here. I've never managed to get myself to listen to even 2 seconds of Post Richie stuff but I guess one doesn't necessarily have to [for this], just lemme know the time stamp where you want the solo, once you send over the music file [email: rickydrycounty@gmail.com].
Lemme know if you think it'll work! Here's some of YouTube links to BJ covers]:

steel_horse75 03-20-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickysambo (Post 1262443)
Sure, Guitar player here. I've never managed to get myself to listen to even 2 seconds of Post Richie stuff but I guess one doesn't necessarily have to [for this], just lemme know the time stamp where you want the solo, once you send over the music file [email: rickydrycounty@gmail.com].

Bon Jovi: Silent Night solo (Richie Sambora) COVER - YouTube
If "We Rule The Night" had a Guitar Solo! - YouTube
Bon Jovi: 99 in the Shade. Guitar Solo (Richie Sambora) - YouTube
Bon Jovi: I'd Die for you Solo cover - YouTube

Superb.
Wish I could play like that. I think youre either born with it or youre not.

rickysambo 03-20-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262445)
Superb.
Wish I could play like that. I think youre either born with it or youre not.

Thanks a lot, steel_horse75!
IMO, the finer aspects like drive/passion/inspiration/influences are 95% for a musician [especially these days] rather than inate ability.

Nige 03-20-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Wow - those are great!

bonboy25 03-20-2020 11:17 PM

Quote:

You're awesome! Great stuff, I'll send you an email of the scratch demo!

DryCounty 03-21-2020 03:51 PM

If you’re gonna re-record it I’d suggest change the key up quite a few steps to get some power in the vocals. If youre using the BJ version I guess thats hard but if you’re doing it proper from the scratch it could be cool!

bonboy25 07-10-2020 08:57 AM

So after a few months, finally "finished". Feel free to post some feedback. Its the original backing track that leaked, cut in places to get rid of some of that twangy guitar, add a solo section etc.

Massive thank you to rickysambo, a fellow dry county member for playing them shredding guitars, and adding some life to the song.

Its not the final version of the song, as I'll implement whatever feedback I get if necessary, and fix anything I don't like after listening to it for a bit.

Would anyone be keen to make a music video? Maybe something like the New York tribute or something. Otherwise I'll slap some random clips together and post the song on youtube, when I get the time.

Hope you enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19-b...ew?usp=sharing