Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

rolo_tomachi 05-27-2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1201366)
I don't hear any difference in the bass tracks between Crossroad and the original, I don't think they were re-recorded. Hugh has confirmed he played on Prayer, etc, so why would they re-record what he already played on?

You've heard one demo, but possibly there was more than one take. Perhaps in the Crossroad time it was different because Alec distanced himself from Jon. But in the eighties until keep the faith, maybe, many shots rewrote. Only is my opinion.

Captain_jovi 05-27-2016 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1201367)
You've heard one demo, but possibly there was more than one take. Perhaps in the Crossroad time it was different because Alec distanced himself from Jon. But in the eighties until keep the faith, maybe, many shots rewrote. Only is my opinion.

I'm not sure what you're talking about? What demo? Hugh played on the released version and, I'd assume, the demo. What does the Crossroad era have to do with this, the tracks weren't re-recorded.

It's my faith 05-27-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1201370)
I'm not sure what you're talking about? What demo? Hugh played on the released version and, I'd assume, the demo. What does the Crossroad era have to do with this, the tracks weren't re-recorded.

So, in conclusion, Hugh played in albums like SWW but he was not mentioned in the booklet. And the Crossroad's songs are the same as the original, not re-recorded, right? I was confused by the info provided in the booklets...

jovifan93 05-27-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's my faith (Post 1201374)
So, in conclusion, Hugh played in albums like SWW but he was not mentioned in the booklet. And the Crossroad's songs are the same as the original, not re-recorded, right? I was confused by the info provided in the booklets...

Right. Hugh confirmed some time ago, that he played bass on all BJ albums except Bon Jovi (and Fahrenheit ?!), in addition to Runaway. He was also the one who wrote at least the KTF bass line, and I think Prayer, too.

bonjovi90 05-27-2016 02:13 PM

Yep, Hugh had confirmed (I think at least twice) that he had played on all Bon Jovi albums with exception of Fahrenheit. The first time was in an interview on his homepage way back (not available there anymore) and the second time was just a few years ago if I'm not mistaken.
Back in the day I think Alec was more needed for "live factor". If you listen to him playing the intro of KTF on that tour or his playing during the rehearsal shows for "An Evening With..." it becomes obvious that he could get really sloppy at times.

Captain_jovi 05-27-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1201378)
Yep, Hugh had confirmed (I think at least twice) that he had played on all Bon Jovi albums with exception of Fahrenheit. The first time was in an interview on his homepage way back (not available there anymore) and the second time was just a few years ago if I'm not mistaken.
Back in the day I think Alec was more needed for "live factor". If you listen to him playing the intro of KTF on that tour or his playing during the rehearsal shows for "An Evening With..." it becomes obvious that he could get really sloppy at times.

The way he played the KTF intro on that show made it so glaring that it wasn't him on the album version.

It's my faith 06-05-2016 12:50 PM

Do you see the subtle similarities between this song and We Don't Run, too? They have different melodies and different chord progression but the drums, the existence of the oh oh's, the guitar work partially, the verse structure have something in common....

Faceman 06-05-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1201378)
Yep, Hugh had confirmed (I think at least twice) that he had played on all Bon Jovi albums with exception of Fahrenheit. The first time was in an interview on his homepage way back (not available there anymore) and the second time was just a few years ago if I'm not mistaken. [...]

You're not mistaken. And additional to this interview (I think it was the Q&A section) he also listed all Bon Jovi albums except Fahrenheit in his discography of albums he worked on.

bwehehehe 06-05-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's my faith (Post 1201525)
Do you see the subtle similarities between this song and We Don't Run, too? They have different melodies and different chord progression but the drums, the existence of the oh oh's, the guitar work partially, the verse structure have something in common....

Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) - Part 1 of 11 - YouTube

Yep. The similarities on the guitars kick up a notch when you hear WDR live. The latter has faster-paced drumming though.

Rdkopper 06-07-2016 08:16 PM

Had a family BBQ the other day of all ages and threw on the live audio from TLFR just to see and it was a huge hit... it was kept at a moderate volume and really worked the mood... it was familiar music but not overwhelming. Can't believe that was 13 years ago already...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk