Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Bruce Springsteen + E-Street-Band Album - Letter To You (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70742)

Faceman 09-10-2020 04:09 PM

New Bruce Springsteen + E-Street-Band Album - Letter To You

https://brucespringsteen.net/

Bruce’s new studio album with the E Street Band, Letter To You, will be released on October 23. A rock album fueled by the band's heart-stopping, house-rocking signature sound, the 12 track Letter To You is Bruce’s 20th studio album, and was recorded at his home studio in New Jersey.

“I love the emotional nature of Letter To You,” says Bruce. “And I love the sound of the E Street Band playing completely live in the studio, in a way we’ve never done before, and with no overdubs. We made the album in only five days, and it turned out to be one of the greatest recording experiences I’ve ever had.”

Letter to You includes nine recently written Springsteen songs, as well as new recordings of three of his legendary, but previously unreleased, compositions from the 1970s. Produced by Ron Aniello with Bruce Springsteen, Letter To You is Bruce’s first time performing with the E Street Band since The River 2016 tour.

Tracklist:
1. One Minute You’re Here
2. Letter To You
3. Burnin’ Train
4. Janey Needs A Shooter
5. Last Man Standing
6. The Power Of Prayer
7. House Of A Thousand Guitars
8. Rainmaker
9. If I Was The Priest
10. Ghosts
11. Song For Orphans
12. I’ll See You In My Dreams

Butters 09-10-2020 06:12 PM

Amazing news! I can't wait for this.

Thanks for sharing.

eddie73 09-11-2020 09:00 AM

not sure what the hype is with Bruce ,did some great stuff up until the early 90s but now his music just bores me silly

fanofrem 09-11-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1266737)
not sure what the hype is with Bruce ,did some great stuff up until the early 90s but now his music just bores me silly

It’s still 10 times better than the new BJ songs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butters 09-11-2020 11:27 PM

The new song, Letter to You, isn't the best.

Walleris 09-12-2020 02:42 PM

Do we really need a new thread every time Bruce farts? Can't we just revive one of the 8 previous ones?

The new song is what it is - Bruce by numbers. It's fine. After a period of acoustic drivel that included the last album and the castration of the old classics for the Broadway show, he now went back to his old bandmates, so we hear the big Max drums, Roy's piano and loud guitars; all that were sorely missed from his albums the past decade (sans High Hopes, but that was mostly a collection of old songs anyway). Sonically, sounds like an E Street song. All there's missing is a good hook and genuine energy. The closest comparison to his past for me would be Lonesome Day meets Better Days meets I Wish I Were Blind. Except all three of these songs are much better.

It reminds me the new single the Rolling Stones put out a few months back (Living In The Ghost Town). Vintage sound, but not that much songwriting substance. I guess the Bon Jovi's best equivalent would be We Weren't Born To Follow.

PanosBonJovi 09-13-2020 11:45 AM

That's how you save 2020.

A Bruce record, followed by a Bon Jovi record.

steel_horse75 09-14-2020 09:37 AM

Don’t mind a bit of Bruce but the new song didn’t grab me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xavi 09-24-2020 08:42 PM

New song "Ghosts"
Best Bruce song Ive listen to since The Rising days
Amazing song
Epic one

Menwhile JBJ......

Adam D 09-24-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1267223)

New song "Ghosts"
Best Bruce song Ive listen to since The Rising days
Amazing song
Epic one

Menwhile JBJ......

This is one of my favorite songs in his entire career.

Joyous, uplifting, all the adjectives.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk