Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Its My Life vs. Undivided (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=8764)

Captain Walrus 03-22-2003 11:55 PM

Its My Life vs. Undivided

Both huge, hard rock songs, but which one is better? Although Undivided is amazing, I have to say IML.....already a classic, and the song that got me into BJ! What do you guys think?

Keep On Rockin'

Tixy 03-23-2003 12:06 AM

It's my Life !

Just because that's the only song that makes me feel good in the morning... :D

Supersonic 03-23-2003 12:09 AM

Aloha !

Now I've reached the point that I'm starting to get irritated by such useless polls. This is no poll with songs you can compare, they don't have anything in common, so I won't vote.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Arash 03-23-2003 12:47 AM

whats this new ****ing game in here to compare two songs?

=arash=

RyanBounce04 03-23-2003 12:55 AM

I guess it is only me here, but Undivided has something about it that makes me wanna get up and sing. It is one of my favorite songs now and it has taken over IML on my list of favorites... The beautiful lyrics and great guitar just make everything one of a kind, therefore, you really can't compare the 2 at all...

BOUNCE,
Ryan

Shaun 03-23-2003 02:52 AM

It's My Life because it got me into bon jovi too

reincarnationofjonspants 03-23-2003 03:14 AM

IML all the way. It makes me feel good. It gets my punk side outta me! I feel like I can handle anything or anyone when i listen to that song! It makes me haaaaaaaaaaaaaappy... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Okay.. sometimes it makes me too happy.. haha...

Christo 03-23-2003 04:25 AM

Re: Its My Life vs. Undivided

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Both huge, hard rock songs, but which one is better? Although Undivided is amazing, I have to say IML.....already a classic, and the song that got me into BJ! What do you guys think?

Keep On Rockin'

Same here! :D

BJfan4ever 03-23-2003 09:04 AM

Undivided :D

jovilaura_fi 03-23-2003 10:23 AM

Yikes, a tough call... Both are great songs, but finally I went for It's my life - as Walrus said, it's a classic already.

Kev 03-23-2003 12:23 PM

ITS MY LIFE!

Keba 03-23-2003 07:18 PM

Like many people said, IML is what got me into BJ. It has remained my absolute favorite BJ song ever since. Heck it's my favorite song- period. I tend to say "it's my life" in conversation and then burst into song. My friends find it funny, but my dad finds it irritating.

Besides, the song has a talkbox. And as you probably know, I LUV THE TALKBOX!!!!!!!!

XRds1Bnce16 03-23-2003 07:29 PM

I went with Undivided...the only thing that bothers me about IML is the chorus...they sing it way too much and it's way too long...it accounts for a majority of the song. The repetition gets annoying sometimes. No doubt, it's a great song, but I like Undivided better.

Rune 03-23-2003 07:30 PM

I haven't voted because I can decide which one is the best...

Jag 03-23-2003 08:10 PM

IML easily....its just so powerful and energetic...i personally dont agree about the chorus being too repetitve, cos i think undivideds' is a little more actually. IML was a song which got me back into Bon jovi..plus its very inspirational...

Rosscoe 03-24-2003 07:12 AM

Undivided is in my top 5. Along with Livin on a Prayer, The Hardest Part is the Night, I Believe and Keep the Faith.

eriK 03-24-2003 10:41 AM

druing IML era (when the songs was all over the world) I got tired of the song, I heard it at least 8 times everyday and it was to much!
today I only listen to live version of IML, the album version is to boring...

so I went for undivided.

Taija 03-24-2003 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XRds1Bnce16
the only thing that bothers me about IML is the chorus...they sing it way too much and it's way too long...it accounts for a majority of the song. The repetition gets annoying sometimes.

That's true. It somehow lacks one verse, and has too much chorus. But I still like it more than Undivided. So IML for me.

Dan 03-24-2003 01:04 PM

Good poll but i'm going for undivided

Christine 03-24-2003 01:38 PM

Undivided, because I am really sick of hearing IML. Every single live TV performance.. Bad Name & It's My Life... It gets a little irritating after a while.