Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   TV & Movies (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Star Wars (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=40633)

samboraisgodUK 12-19-2015 03:06 PM

Spoiler: It's awesome.

ezearis 12-19-2015 06:03 PM

I saw this one yesterday and I really liked it. It's similar to the original trilogy but in a good way! Can't wait for Episode VIII nor to see this one again.

Dave 1986 12-20-2015 01:49 PM

Episode VIII is only a year and a half away, plus this time next year we'll have Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. But I can't think beyond The Force Awakens right now.

samboraisgodUK 12-20-2015 06:55 PM

Just seen it for the second time (yes I'm that sad) - enjoyed it just as much as the first

Nige 12-20-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1197977)
Just seen it for the second time (yes I'm that sad) - enjoyed it just as much as the first

If it helps we're definitely going to go see it again at the cinema too :D

Captain Walrus 12-20-2015 11:36 PM

It was excellent! Very impressed :p

kenobi_on_a_prayer 12-21-2015 10:38 AM

(Possible spoiler alert depending on how spoiler-phobic you are :P )
I loved it and will probably go see it again this week, but I also think people are overrating it for a movie that blatantly rips off the plot of Episode IV. However, the acting was great, and I loved Rey and Finn. Probably the funniest instalment of the franchise too.

golittleperson 12-22-2015 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 1197980)
(Possible spoiler alert depending on how spoiler-phobic you are :P )
I loved it and will probably go see it again this week, but I also think people are overrating it for a movie that blatantly rips off the plot of Episode IV. However, the acting was great, and I loved Rey and Finn. Probably the funniest instalment of the franchise too.

We went opening day and thought the same: It's A New Hope - Next Generation. Very well filmed and I really enjoyed it but for me not as great as I was expecting. Maybe my expectations were too high. Few other things but I'll save them til more people have had the chance to see it.

Dave 1986 12-26-2015 05:36 PM

I thought that as well. It was like a reimagining of the original. But I'd rather that than another Phantom Menace.

I thought it was much edgier and grittier than the previous 6 films. Some scenes in it I thought would never pass in any of the original trilogy. Really enjoyed it though. Not what I was expecting but very happy with what we got. Definitely need another screening.

Rdkopper 12-27-2015 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1197988)
We went opening day and thought the same: It's A New Hope - Next Generation. Very well filmed and I really enjoyed it but for me not as great as I was expecting. Maybe my expectations were too high. Few other things but I'll save them til more people have had the chance to see it.

I agree with all this... I saw it 3 times now and you said it best.... Not as great as I was expecting... still an enjoyably film though..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk