Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   TV & Movies (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Star Wars (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=40633)

Peterson 07-28-2007 02:40 PM

Cool, thanks mate, guess i'll just wait for that then ;)

SmirkSteve 08-09-2007 12:08 AM

This year, beig the 30th Anniversary, would have been an awesome time to release all 6, but I too have heard George talk off releasing 3D versions. That said, seems like they are concentrating on the Clone Wars CGI series and the live action series for the forseeable future. They showed a new trailer for the CGI series at Celebration Europe - looks awesome.

Dave 1986 11-08-2015 05:58 PM

Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens is now only a matter of weeks away and I can't believe how quiet the fans here have been! So I'm gonna round up all the hype for everyone...

First off, I am freakin' pumped for The Force Awakens! Back in 2012 when Disney bought Lucasfilm and announced more Star Wars movies being made, I was sceptical. Also I thought, do I really want more Star Wars films? But as time went on and we gradually got fed teaspoons on information about VII (JJ Abrams directing, more focus on practical effect/real locations, etc) and to having all the trailers out before the film hits cinemas, I could not be more confident and excited.

Now I'm an original trilogy fan. I never really cared for the prequels. I tried to appreciate them over the years but my opinions of all 3 of them (they differ from each other) have remained the same. Revenge of the Sith was decent, The Phantom Menace I have some nostalgic feelings toward which redeems it for me a bit, and Attack of the Clones was just a crock o' shit. I understand a lot of people like the prequels, possibly more than the original trilogy which is cool. People like what they like which is fair enough.

But The Force Awakens seems to be (from what little we've seen) having a similar feel to the original trilogy whilst injecting something new into the proceedings.

I hope it's at least a good movie, even if it doesn't live up to the hype (and yes, I'm baring in mind all the hype leading up to Episode I back in 1999). If it tanks, then well so what, I'll just stick to what I like.

What's everyone else's take on the future of Star Wars?

Nige 11-09-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1197472)
What's everyone else's take on the future of Star Wars?

I'm very excited about it right now; the trailers look brilliant and JJ Abrams has a proven track record and flair for this kind of subject. Plus Han, Leia and Luke (apparently) are all back! :D

So I'm cautiously optimistic; I'm not expecting to be amazed but I can't help but feel it's going to be better than Episodes 1 to 3.

Dave 1986 11-09-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1197494)
Plus Han, Leia and Luke (apparently) are all back! :D

Yea Luke not featuring on the poster, let alone the trailer is bizarre. Mark Hamill IS in it, and his voice is heard over the 2nd teaser. Weird.

Dave 1986 12-01-2015 10:03 PM

Got the Odeon booked for the 23rd and will do my best and avoid the Internet for the 6 days before hand.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 12-02-2015 05:21 AM

I grew up with the prequels and love them as much as the original trilogy. Can't wait for The Force Awakens.

Nige 12-02-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1197770)
Got the Odeon booked for the 23rd and will do my best and avoid the Internet for the 6 days before hand.

Same here for the 21st! Can't wait :D

Captain Walrus 12-03-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1197776)
Same here for the 21st! Can't wait :D

19th for me, so close now! :p

Dave 1986 12-03-2015 10:18 PM

Star Wars

3 year wait has now turned into 3 weeks!

Oh and not a single word from either of you until the 23rd!![emoji12]