Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Songs that didn't make HAND (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=32792)

haveaniceday 11-01-2005 12:15 AM

Songs that didn't make HAND

Does anyone know the 7 or 8 songs that didn't make the album, and has anyone heard any of these songs (excluding unbreakable, DLS, and these open arms)? I think I remember Jon saying they recorded about 20 songs.

Krycek 11-01-2005 12:30 AM

I've heard "Nothing" which is tops, easily one of the best songs on this project. I've not heard of any other titles apart from that one though.

Phil

Captain Walrus 11-01-2005 10:57 AM

I dunno if they did record 20 songs, I get the feeling that we've possibly had all the songs from that session ...16 of them

Kieets 11-01-2005 11:00 AM

In a mail I got from BJ.com the other day they said look out for the next single since demo's from HAND would be on it.

ugly_queen_from_mars 11-01-2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieets
In a mail I got from BJ.com the other day they said look out for the next single since demo's from HAND would be on it.

and that will probably be "nothing" which we already have.

Captain Walrus 11-01-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ugly_queen_from_mars

You can't exactly complain that they are releasing a song that we are not supposed to have

haveaniceday 11-01-2005 07:30 PM

ok...so most of us have heard Nothing. What about the others that didn't make the album?

TBoy 11-01-2005 07:33 PM

We should not have Nothing... And I am sure, that general public does not have it!

groover22 11-01-2005 07:40 PM

I hope we do get 'Nothing' as a b-side. The leaked mp3 was really poor quality. Would be cool if we also get something like the original version of 'Have a Nice Day'. Fingers crossed.

tweety_b 11-02-2005 12:10 AM

My mp3 version of Nothing is good quality....and I do have the first version of HANd too.
And, anyway, if we have 16 songs over 20, that's not so bad. For Crush, if I'm not wrong, they said they got about 60 songs....

SSM12 11-02-2005 12:31 AM

id prefer the 1st version of bells of freedom as a B side

ugly_queen_from_mars 11-02-2005 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
You can't exactly complain that they are releasing a song that we are not supposed to have

i'd prefer other b sides than nothing it's true, but i will not complain about "the band's wrong choice" if they finally choose nothing.
i just made a guess which may be wrong.

haveaniceday 11-02-2005 02:02 AM

I'm going to venture to say that the demo some of us heard of the "first" Have a Nice Day is not the first. If you listen to it, it still doesn't sound like that which was played at the AMA's. Thus, I think there may be a pre-AMA version of Have a Nice Day out there.

Christo 11-02-2005 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ugly_queen_from_mars

I am yet to hear this song, so I would be quite happy if it were to be a b-side on one of the singles.

Dave 1986 11-02-2005 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveaniceday
I'm going to venture to say that the demo some of us heard of the "first" Have a Nice Day is not the first. If you listen to it, it still doesn't sound like that which was played at the AMA's. Thus, I think there may be a pre-AMA version of Have a Nice Day out there.

The only difference between the first version and the AMA snippet is that Jon's voice wasn't as in shape at the AMA's as the studio version and he dropped a few lyrics, which is pretty much the same thing that always happens.

groover22 11-02-2005 05:13 PM

Either way, I'd like to see the early version of 'HAND' released, as again, the leaked mp3 was pants, sound quality wise.

Would also be cool to hear the original version of 'Bells..' in full.

Dave 1986 11-02-2005 10:43 PM

I have both Nothing and the 1st version of Have A Nice Day but since we shouldn't actually have them, I wouldn't care if they were released as b-sides. They'd be better quality anyway. Anythings gotta be better than the b-sides for the Have A Nice Day singles.

Although we may just get bonus tracks instead. UK singles may include These Open Arms.

TBoy 11-02-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
I have both Nothing and the 1st version of Have A Nice Day but since we shouldn't actually have them, I wouldn't care if they were released as b-sides. They'd be better quality anyway. Anythings gotta be better than the b-sides for the Have A Nice Day singles.

Although we may just get bonus tracks instead. UK singles may include These Open Arms.

There will be demos fur sure!

ugly_queen_from_mars 11-03-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo
I am yet to hear this song, so I would be quite happy if it were to be a b-side on one of the singles.

and why don't you try to find it? ;)
:p

Marco@BonJovi.nl 11-15-2005 11:43 PM

In any way they will be better than the HAND b-sides.

I'd love to have Nothing and the HAND demo in better quality. The same thing for RYH live soundboard from NY or A'dam.

Q&A has said in the past that we would also get de bonus tracks of Japan in some way, so I also think that These Open Arms (and/or Unbreakable) might be on there.

So maybe WTWYA no. 2 might be something like this:
1. WTWYA
2. Nothing
3. HAND demo
4. These Open Arms

if there will be second part, that is.

bejt 11-16-2005 01:01 AM

Not sure what demo version you heard
the one I've heard sounds pretty much like a demo to me

the lyrics are mixed around - and there's like a quite part toward the end- that thank G-d they changed :)

but somhow I like the line of the choures better:

"shining like a diamond rolling with the dice
standing on the ledge it might save your life"

but hey that's just me ;)

haveaniceday 11-16-2005 02:37 AM

I still think there is a pre-AMA demo of HAND different than the one people have heard. I would have no clue how to find it though.

Stut 11-16-2005 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveaniceday
I still think there is a pre-AMA demo of HAND different than the one people have heard. I would have no clue how to find it though.

And where did you get that idea?

Paul UK 11-16-2005 04:01 PM

Theres supposed to be a version a "Who says.." featureing Keith Urban which we might get to hear someday.

What I've heard is:

Unbreakable
Dirty Little Secret
These Open arms
HAND (original)
I wanna be loved (original)
Bells of Freedom (orginal)
Nothing
Who says - sugarland

as far as I know these are the only demo's/ alternate versions available other than the Keith urban song.

Dave 1986 11-16-2005 10:50 PM

There's an original version of I Want To Be Loved?

I can't get enough of that song so it would be nice to hear an alternate version of this!

Paul UK 11-23-2005 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul UK
Theres supposed to be a version a "Who says.." featureing Keith Urban which we might get to hear someday.

What I've heard is:

Unbreakable
Dirty Little Secret
These Open arms
HAND (original)
I wanna be loved (original)
Bells of Freedom (orginal)
Nothing
Who says - sugarland

as far as I know these are the only demo's/ alternate versions available other than the Keith urban song.

Jesus... i've never been so popular... 17 pm's since i posted this! Anyone looking for friends out there take note, this is a surefire way to get people wanting to know you all of a sudden). Ny the way for those who did pm, where in the post did it say that I HAVE these songs, i just said i've heard them.

toodles...